1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

EVERY time some tool goes missing or breaks...

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by JKD, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Aug 10, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    JKD

JKD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    EVERY time some tool goes missing or breaks, it is either on a Sunday or after normal business hours, so I can't replace it.

I had everything ready to do a tire rotation and oil change today, and I started jacking up the front of the truck with my floor jack. It went up a couple of inches...and started sinking faster than I could pump the handle. I loosened and re-tightened the release valve, and tried again. No dice. Checked the hyd. fluid level...it's fine.

Probably a failed seal or something, fixable, but not really what I want to be doing right now. So I look at the clock...it's after 8pm, every store in town that carries any decent brand (limited to Craftsman around here) is closed.

I cursed for a while, closed up the garage and quit for the day. Damn it to hell, I wanted to get this project out of the way and do OTHER things tomorrow.

2. Aug 11, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    SampleFool

SampleFool Three Percenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    Silver
    08 off-road
    This happens to me also, I finally figured out walmart tools for the most part arent worth a shit. They sell some good ones but those r not the ones I need usually.

3. Aug 11, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    There's this guy named Murphy... There's a law named after him and it pretty much gaurantees that crap will happen at the most inconvenient time.

Products Discussed in

To Top