LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

1966 Chevy C10

Old 10-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
1966 Chevy C10

My dad has this old 66 chevy pickup sitting out at our farm...and its not doing a whole lot besides sitting there...it hasnt run in a couple years...and my old man has mentioned fixing it up etc...anyone have any idea how much of a major undertaking its going to be? maybe a good source for parts?

i realize that its not a whole lot of info on the condition of the truck...but where it sits its almost impossible to get underneath it...

it looks rough...but its been sitting under a pecan tree for the past 4 years maybe...but it still has the majority of the original wood bed in it

i'd imagine that its pretty much past the restoration point...but i think itd be fun to do if its not...

also...if anyone knows what kind of specs this truck once had...thatd be great...im pretty sure it has the V8...but im not totally 100% on that...

maybe an idea on what kind of axles are underneath it?

the pic was taken in 2004 and it HAS run since then...but not in the past 2 years that im aware of

Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
dont look that bad make sure you and dad
do it cant be that bad but think of the
fun you two can have
Old 10-23-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
dont look that bad make sure you and dad
do it cant be that bad but think of the
fun you two can have
i think i'll have more fun with it than he will...he's never been much of a car guy...but he hates to watch it wither away as much as i do
Old 10-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i think i have a motor book going back to 66 if you need info
Old 10-23-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i suppose for fun i'll post the story about the truck

my granddad bought it back in the late 70s or early 80s for like $500 bucks from a guy he knew...the guy changed his mind...bought it back a year later for $500...sold it back to my granddad a year after that with the side body damage from a little dustup in a parking lot...for the same $500

my granddad had a stroke a few years ago and can no longer drive and my uncle got the 98 ranger after i was done driving it and my dad got the chevy...
Old 10-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
i think i have a motor book going back to 66 if you need info
what i've posted is the entirety of what i know about it...other than the fact that its a straight drive and the shifter is on the column...its a booger to learn to drive (btw this is what I learned to drive in...this and an old blue ford tractor)

id love to know more about what it came with from the factory back in the day etc...
Old 10-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #7

you know you have to try to fix it
it has history
i do have that at work if need any info
happy to help if i can
Old 10-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

this is essentially what the interior would look like if it was clean/fixed

of course ours has a third pedal and no diamond plate and the seat is a lot more ratty and theres no aftermarket radio...

i'd love to get it to this point:
Old 10-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #9
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i've got a 71 c-10 that i eventually wanna turn into a dedicated trail buggy
Old 10-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
you got one hell of a project truck there jeff!!! drop in a nice lil 327 or a beefed up 350................rock and roll man!!
Old 10-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #11

get me a list of any info you may need pm it to me
and i will try to help
Old 10-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i had a 78 f100 with a mostly new 302 that a friends dad gave me.,,........me and her had an argument.....he took the sonofabitch back!!! friggin asshat!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i'd love to get this one fixed up to tow my tacoma once it becomes trail only

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you got one hell of a project truck there jeff!!! drop in a nice lil 327 or a beefed up 350................rock and roll man!!
yeah too bad i dont have the money...im hoping that dad will finance it and i can do the work...thatd be SWEET...especially if i get it in the deal
Old 10-23-2008, 05:49 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i know the first step is going to be finding a garage or shop to put it in for when i tear it down...

thats gonna be tricky
Old 10-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #15

time and money but in the and its worth it
Old 10-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #16
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
I hate the phrase but, "It's all about what your time is worth to ya"

sounds like it would be an awesome project though!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #18
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

once we get a good stretch of really cold days im going to go out there and crawl up under it and pop the hood etc...

ive got another project for this winter tho...the old man gave me a pop up camper that im planning on trying to fix up into useable condition...gotta open that bad boy up and make sure the canvas aint rotten...

oh the fun awaits
Old 10-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #20
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Hey Cop, How goes things in Elgin? Will be in Lugoff Saturday morning getting my first service at James Ervin.

Time to write a tear jerker of a letter to 'OverHaulin'". They'll get it all done for ya all purty like.

http://www.classicindustries.com/tru...FQQRswodWQ1IyA

http://www.lmctruck.com

LMC are the ones advertised on Spike TV on their show "Trucks".

I would love to spin wrenches with my dad like we did back in the day. He owned a 1924 fire truck that was the balls. He lives in a gated community in Florida now. I call it "God's Waiting Room". Can't even wash your car in the driveway without some ol' Q-Tip dropping a dime on your ass to the association.

Hope this is some help to ya.