Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Bought a GMC product - 2011 Acadia

Old 08-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a GMC product - 2011 Acadia

The wife was previously driving a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. We HATED this vehicle. It had mechanical issues, electrical issues, seat material issues and was a terrible color - light khaki. Apparently it was hard for people to see on the road because people regularly pulled out in front of us - resulting in several close calls and 2 front end accidents.

Out with the old....In with the new:

Anyway, we dumped it recently and picked up our first General Motors product - a 2011 GMC Acadia. It has 7-person seating (2 front, 2 2nd row captains chairs, 3 3rd row bench). I have to say that I am EXTREMELY satisfied with this vehicle. It rides sooooo smooth and the middle level trim (SLT-1) has tons of features (dual sunroof, backup camera, heated leather seats, headrest DVD players w/ wireless headphones, electronic tailgate, his/hers air controls, rear air control, rear radio/xm capability, and tons more.
It is a 3.6L V6 VVT with direct injection. We got the AWD - which is 80% front / 20% rear full-time. It handles very well!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I recommend this to anyone that does not want to drive a mini-van but wants the same amount of space. You will not be disappointed. And we got $4,000 rebates and 2.6% financing.

Pictures will follow - when I wash it for the first time tomorrow...

stock photo:

Old 08-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! Bought my wife an Acadia last February and she loves it.
I didn't get any rebates but 0.0% financing sold me.
I harass her that it is still a minivan though, just has hinged doors instead of sliders
Old 08-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
That was my wife's second choice. I loved it she didn't. Not enough room. So she got the sequoia instead.

Congrads btw
Old 08-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Congrats. I always thought those looked pretty good. I like the quad tips out the back. That is rare too because normally I don't like quad tips.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
My in-laws have one and they hate the gas mileage. They are only getting around 15 in town and 20 on the highway.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ we are registering about 9.5mpg right now (but an average speed of only 18mph). BTW...this thing tracks EVERYTHING - average speed, distance to empty, run time, mpg...ever displays the air pressure in all 4 tires.

I tried to stay with Toyota. The Highlander has the 3rd row but no captain chairs - something that will help keep our 2 kids separated on long trips.
The Sequoia was just too big.
The 4Runner has a 3rd row and looks sweet - but its not very accessible. It's more designed to be off-road capable (something my wife's vehicle will never do - I have the Tacoma).

We looked at the vans but just couldn't get over that it was a van. We're only 32yrs old and that is too young to dive a mini. This is the equivalent but makes you feel better because it is not technically a "van".
Old 08-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #7
Yoda Power!
green98 is on a distinguished road

Name: will
green98's Tacoma Gallery
Dont expect it to hold up much better than the cherokee.. My Father has owned a Auto repair shop for 30+ years and GM vehicles have done nothing but get worse over the past 12 years! GM cars keep him very busy!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Buick in the background. Talk about a car brand that has turned it around.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #9
bass turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by green98 View Post
Dont expect it to hold up much better than the cherokee.. My Father has owned a Auto repair shop for 30+ years and GM vehicles have done nothing but get worse over the past 12 years! GM cars keep him very busy!

No cars hold up as well as they did 12 years ago. Things need to be lighter and cheaper to produce so more plastic and thinner metal is used. As with anything..."their just not built like they use to be".

And I bet the owner of a Japanese auto repair shop has seen quite a few Toyota's in his day.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
My ex had one and they are awesome vehicles if i was gonna buy a family vehicle it would be one of these
Old 08-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #11
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
My parents just picked one of these up, and my mom is extremely happy with it. Traded in a GMC Envoy for it.

Im going to try and snag a pic because my folks have questioned me about getting a White Tacoma, but now my brother has a White Audi S5, and my parents have a White Acadia. It will make for a great pic! lol
Old 08-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
Yoda Power!
green98 is on a distinguished road

Name: will
green98's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
No cars hold up as well as they did 12 years ago. Things need to be lighter and cheaper to produce so more plastic and thinner metal is used. As with anything..."their just not built like they use to be".

And I bet the owner of a Japanese auto repair shop has seen quite a few Toyota's in his day.

Really? My 2005 tacoma has 165,600 miles on it. only thing that has been replaced: Brake pads, battery and fluids... Still the factory starter, alternator, fuel pump, compressor all of it!! I also have a 2002 Sequoia has 199,500 miles on it and basically the same list, except the stock cd changer quit about a month ago and the rear window about the same time.. I would love to see any american car hold up that well..
Old 08-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
We had one for a month as a rent a car when my wife crashed her pontiac(which I drive now ) nice comfy truck
Old 08-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #14
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Ugh, the wife had a little mishap with her Acadia last night.
She was backing out of a friend's driveway in the dark, and was trying to avoid the mailbox... went WAY too far the opposite way and backed into the concrete wall. No body damage luckily, but bent the upper control arm (maybe more but that's all that was obvious looking in the dark) and pushed the rear wheel forward so the tire is rubbing. Also you can see that the wheel is now tipped inward at the top. She made it the few blocks home rubbing the tire, but today it's being towed to the shop for an estimate, which is about 30 miles away.
If she hit a deer or something I could understand, but a stationary object that has been in the exact same place every time we've been there? And you have mirrors and a back-up camera?
We work at the same place so I made the weekly topic at our safety meeting today "Safely backing up heavy equipment." A nice inside joke to rib her a bit.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
My Grandad is considering selling his LX470 for one of these. They look really good.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #16
Spitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Spitz Stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post

Thinking like this is the only reason that GM is still in business! Please report back to us when the Acadia is 5 years old like the Jeep was. I bet you will be much less enthusiastic about it by then...GM products are built to last about 2-3 years and 20-30K miles - because that is as long as rental companies need to keep them.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #18
Pyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Aircrew, Pilot in Training
Pyramidsurf's Tacoma Gallery
I know this a toyota board and I own and love my toy but the domestic bashing is ridiculous. I've owned a high mileage domestic and it held up just as well as my 89 Toyota. Things break, they're mechanical and thinking that things suck because you've read it on a message board doesn't make it true. I've seen plenty of GM's with over 200k still running and driving fine. Not to mention you can get a fully loaded GM for 10k less than a similar Toyota.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #19
J-Rob #3 has a spectacular aura aboutJ-Rob #3 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Josh
J-Rob #3's Tacoma Gallery
My mom traded in her jeep grand Cherokee Laredo for an Acadia, and she tells people all the time that it's the best decision she ever made in buying a new vehicle. I've driven it several tines and it rides soooooo smooth. It has great pick-up-and-go too. Afterall it does have the V6 Camaro engine in it. It's ridiculously nice! Congrats!!!

Btw, hers gets like 21-22 in the city and on our country roads. About 24-25 when we drive to the beach.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Acadia is a good vehicle, back in 07 when we were looking at SUV`s we looked at the Acadia Denali and the Yukon Denali and we ended up buying the Yukon Denali, great car has everything that a Escalade has even the same 6.2ltr motor but it eats to much gas so we traded it in for our new TACO. Those GMC hold a good trade in value as our 2011 TACO was practically free with our even swap of vehicles. You guys have a great car!