Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

which insurance is better/cheaper?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
say NO to BRO!
jedrovsky is on a distinguished road
jedrovsky's Tacoma Gallery
which insurance is better/cheaper?

In a way, what insurance do you guys have? i got a quote from geico for 115 monthly with 1k COMP and 1K COLL 5k PD 15k-30k BI...do you guys think thats ok?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
interested in gieco's customer service as well! subbed
Old 08-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
that sounds really high, but then again, you're under 25 so i can't compare your rate to mine.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
say NO to BRO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
that sounds really high, but then again, you're under 25 so i can't compare your rate to mine.
at progressive its close to 190 but ive been looking online for a few more...any ideas?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrovsky View Post
at progressive its close to 190 but ive been looking online for a few more...any ideas?
nationwide, allstate. i'd say statefarm but i havent heard good things about them. if you're military then use usaa.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I don't have any experience with Geico, but I will say that there are many different factors that determine YOUR rate, so don't rely on the internet to tell you you if it is cheap or expensive. Your best bet is to contact a broker (not an agent) who will shop the rates through many different companies.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
AAA! We have gotten quotes from a bunch of others and ask is that for a full year? They were always around double what AAA wanted.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
There was just a big thread on this. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171941

Since you are in CA try Wawanesa if you have a good driving record.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Being in the business, it bothers me to see these threads.

I do a every time a client calls me to say "well so & so says that this company beats everyones rates and this and that and blah blah".

Company X might be the lowest rate for John Doe, but might be the most expensive for Jane Doe.

Unless John and Jane are the same sex, same age, live in the same zip code, drive the same car, same coverages, have the same driving record, etc etc - the rate will not be the same.

Also, let's not forget that insurance is different in every state.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #10
say NO to BRO!
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post

I do a every time a client calls me to say "well so & so says that this company beats everyones rates and this and that and blah blah".

Company X might be the lowest rate for John Doe, but might be the most expensive for Jane Doe.

Unless John and Jane are the same sex, same age, live in the same zip code, drive the same car, same coverages, have the same driving record, etc etc - the rate will not be the same.

dont worry...im just grabbing opinions from fellow truck owners especially in CA..but if you can give me an awesome quote then i'll give you rep.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #11
say NO to BRO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
There was just a big thread on this. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=171941

Since you are in CA try Wawanesa if you have a good driving record.
yea...I already saw that thread..but wanted to see for myself what others have..thanks though
Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
╒╪╕

I don't mind telling you how that Geico quote compares with others. No rep needed. PM me your e-mail address and I'll let you know what info I need.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #13
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Farmers.

Oh did I use my outside voice?
I can't help but being biased, folks have been Farmers agents for 11 years and I worked in the office for 2 years.

Worst job ever, dealing with customers is a pain in the fucking ass.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #14
╒╪╕

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
Farmers.

Oh did I use my outside voice?
I can't help but being biased, folks have been Farmers agents for 11 years and I worked in the office for 2 years.

Worst job ever, dealing with customers is a pain in the fucking ass.
I apologize if my post came off as "your opinion doesn't matter"... that's not the case.

I just wanted the OP know that the internet doesn't necessarily know whether or not he's getting a good quote based on almost nothing.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #15
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with Travelers, they beat Gieco, 21st (what I had) and several others, the cheapest I could find. Don't know how good they are though. I did have to put my homeowners with them but that was cheaper too.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #16
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I apologize if my post came off as "your opinion doesn't matter"... that's not the case.

I just wanted the OP know that the internet doesn't necessarily know whether or not he's getting a good quote based on almost nothing.
It didn't, I'm biased too lol.

and your right..you can't base ANYBODY's quote to expect your's to be the same..it could be similar but not really at the same time.

There are so many things to factor in when it comes to insurance, one ticket can cause your insurance to be $75 more a month..maybe more.
One accident can do the same, even if it was small.

Plus there are so many discounts offered, so people who just post prices don't really say what discounts they have.
good student discount, multiple car/home, good driver, military, etc.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #17
SuperWhiteTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperWhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i pay 120 a month for wawanesa pretty good for me
Old 08-21-2011, 03:30 AM   #18
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
For me USAA was more expensive than Gieco... I think I was paying 120 a month for USAA, whereas geico I pay around 75 a month.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #19
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

THIS SPEAKS volumes !!!!!

I've got a million plus ( I drive for a living ) and the company that had insured me for EVERYTHING for 20+ years made an oops,denied it and their world got torn apart....I priced the NET BUT then got on the phone to real agents.....my insurance dropped by a 1/3 and bene's went up,deductibles went down and service is 2nd to none( we've only been insured by 2 ).....I will not name company #1 but Geico is current.....

Back quiet..........