Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Dodge Dakota Production to End This Tuesday

Old 08-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Dodge Dakota Production to End This Tuesday

The way things are going, Toyota will be the only player left in the midsize pickup category.

http://detroitnews.com/article/20110...ota-production
Old 08-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Like ford,Chrysler never took care of the Dakota platform and left it to rot.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
Sanders17 is a jewel in the roughSanders17 is a jewel in the roughSanders17 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Reed
Sanders17's Tacoma Gallery
Colorados and rangers next. They just cant compete
Old 08-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
Palooka is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
Palooka's Tacoma Gallery
2012 is the last year for Rangers, according an article in this months Four Wheeler magazine.

EDIT: It may just be the North American market they are stopping production in though.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
I loved my 2002 DC Dakota with the V8. Unfortunately it died of a siezed transfer case on I-10. The dak "felt" like much more of a truck than the Taco. More torque, less revs. All around heavier feeling. It had a solid tailgate, no loose steering column off-road etc. I wish it had been built to last like a Toyota.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
My Dak is the best plow truck pound for pound i have ever had.

I agree totally they let this great little truck go by the wayside over the years.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
Pyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Aircrew, Pilot in Training
Pyramidsurf's Tacoma Gallery
i too owned a Dak. 2001 with the 3.9l and stick shift. Great truck for the price I paid (paid less than 1/2 of what a similar taco would have cost). Family still owns it. Too bad Dodge let it slide off the map.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
2012 is the last year for Rangers, according an article in this months Four Wheeler magazine.

EDIT: It may just be the North American market they are stopping production in though.
Rest of the world (except US & Canada) will get a new global T6 ranger.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/10...ck-debuts.html
Old 08-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Good riddance! My '04 was a POS.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #11
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda like the older V8s but the new ones SUCK. Buh-bye, Dakota,
Old 09-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #12
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
I loved my 2002 DC Dakota with the V8. Unfortunately it died of a siezed transfer case on I-10. The dak "felt" like much more of a truck than the Taco. More torque, less revs. All around heavier feeling. It had a solid tailgate, no loose steering column off-road etc. I wish it had been built to last like a Toyota.
Yep, my dad has an 03 Dakota 4x4. They are good trucks. The tailgate on his truck weighs 3 times what mine does. At 110K it still runs very well. It's really too bad Dodge didn't put any money into updating that platform. They have zero resale value, otherwise I may very well have bought a newer one to replace my 95 instead of buying my Tacoma.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #13
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post

I've also had a few Rangers as company trucks. One of them I know is still running at nearly 300K miles. Another American made truck going away. That's a shame.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #14
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
As much as we love our Toyota's, it benefits the consumer if there is competition in the market.