Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Ford working with Toyota on a truck???? NOOOOOOO!!!

Old 08-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Ford working with Toyota on a truck???? NOOOOOOO!!!

Plans to build whatever it's going to be at the San Antonio plant, the same plant where the Tacoma is produced.....a Ford Tacoma hybrid????? Oh snap!
http://www.chron.com/business/article/Toyota-Ford-to-jointly-develop-hybrid-trucks-2136415.php
Old 08-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, interesting.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The Tacoma Raptor Hybrid???
Old 08-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, great

As soon as Ford gets into the mix, next thing you'll see is "powered by Microsoft" inside. My last rental was a Ford Edge, not a bad driver for Interstate, but the "information center" was annoying as hell.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
mmmm.

can’t wait to tell my ford LOVING uncle this!! lol we joke back and forth about toyota and ford.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV7Garage View Post
Oh, great

As soon as Ford gets into the mix, next thing you'll see is "powered by Microsoft" inside. My last rental was a Ford Edge, not a bad driver for Interstate, but the "information center" was annoying as hell.
Shit, that's right! Crap, it's that Microsoft Sync junk,

"My truck won't re-boot, what do I do?" Threads
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
*Clings onto babytruck for dear life*

If they ever merge and build Tundras or Tacomas, this will be my last truck.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
My friend has a Hybrid Silverado

Could be interesting , who knows
Old 08-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
Banned
I cannot, will not, EVER purchase a Ford product. Been raised chevy, been driving datsuns and toyos, not one fucking Ford.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #10
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
Heard this news on the radio this morning, never know could turn out to be something pretty badass even tho ford has to be in the mix.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
Banned
If they ever merge and build Tundras or Tacomas, this will be my last truck.[/QUOTE]

X2
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #12
MacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
this sounds really shitty. Toyota just lost a few points in my opinion.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
I cannot, will not, EVER purchase a Ford product. Been raised chevy, been driving datsuns and toyos, not one fucking Ford.

For real. Me too.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #14
Banned
If Toyota had offered a good hybrid when I was shopping for a truck, then I would have bought it, but they don't, WHY, cuz theyre selling Tacomas by the boatload and they don't have to, they should've built a hybrid Tacoma fucking years ago when they developed the POS Prius
Old 08-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #15

You said "Hybrid Tacoma".

Oooo.

*shudders*
Old 08-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #16
KyleNowad is on a distinguished road
KyleNowad's Tacoma Gallery
That's interesting... But I'm keeping my Tacoma. If I wanted a hybrid, I'd buy a car.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #17
Banned
I put about 25,000 miles on a vehicle in any given year, shit yeah I'd by a hybrid, with how much we get screwed in Cali for gas????
Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #18
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
fords dont agree with me

ive driven 3 in my life and the first was a 1994 bronco wrecked into somthing within the first 10 feet (couldn't see)

second was a mustang (unknown year) burnt the clutch to hell and back

third 1993 ranger nothing happened

if they proceed with this i will not buy a toyota vehicle after the year they start it
Old 08-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
fords dont agree with me

ive driven 3 in my life and the first was a 1994 bronco wrecked into somthing within the first 10 feet (couldn't see)

second was a mustang (unknown year) burnt the clutch to hell and back

third 1993 ranger nothing happened

if they proceed with this i will not buy a toyota vehicle after the year they start it

Here, here.....
Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #20
A Member
ThunderTaco01 is on a distinguished road
Name: Eddie
ThunderTaco01's Tacoma Gallery
At least we have until 2017. Upside?