Notices

Sell it or keep it?

Old 08-26-2011, 03:05 AM   #1
Jako is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Active Duty, E5
Name: Jake
Jako's Tacoma Gallery
Sell it or keep it?

So I have a 2003 Nissan 350z Touring. Had it over 6 years now. Paid off, 41k miles on it. I'm debating selling the car before I PCS back to the states from Germany. I'll have to pay out of pocket to ship it back. My Tacoma is being shipped already by the AF.

Should I sell it before I leave and start over with a new toy stateside. Or hold onto it. Plans if I keep it are to build the block and install a Powerlab GT35R single turbo kit. Keep it looking stock still, but probably have it repainted again because I am ridiculously obsessed with having perfect paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Sell it or keep it?-dsc00153s.jpg   Sell it or keep it?-dsc00689s.jpg   Sell it or keep it?-dsc00673s.jpg  
Old 08-26-2011, 03:19 AM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I think how much it would cost you to ship it is important

I also think keeping it is probably the best option if you can afford to ship it...figure you're gonna pay a bit to ship...but then once you have it over here you have a toy thats paid off and ready to be modded...whereas if you sell it then you gotta buy a new one...and thats another 4-5 years of payments and a down payment
Old 08-26-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
I think how much it would cost you to ship it is important

I also think keeping it is probably the best option if you can afford to ship it...figure you're gonna pay a bit to ship...but then once you have it over here you have a toy thats paid off and ready to be modded...whereas if you sell it then you gotta buy a new one...and thats another 4-5 years of payments and a down payment

Agree with Tiger here.... Keep it.

PS.. how much to ship?
Old 08-26-2011, 06:04 AM   #5

Jako's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping is $1500 - $1800 depending on the port location stateside. The price of shipping doesn't really bother me much. It's the fact that once I pay to ship it I'm committed to keeping it. Otherwise its just a waste of money.

I'm leaning on keeping it so far, see what happens.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:09 AM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
All depends on how interested you are in a different car vs keeping that one. Also... depends on the kind of money you can get for the car over there.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:26 AM   #7
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I say keep it.nothing like not having a car payment. Stupid question but is it right hand drive?
Old 08-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it.
Build it to do this.

That's my buddies, and it is definitely an amazing ride inside of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Sell it or keep it?-gem1.jpg   Sell it or keep it?-gem2.jpg  
Old 08-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I would keep it. A paid off sports car is a nice thing to have hiding in the garage for sunny days. I had a Z for a while. Super fun car. Just didn't work as my only vehicle.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #10
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i say you keep it
Old 08-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #11

Jako's Tacoma Gallery
it's LHD, US spec...

Think I'm just gonna keep it.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #12
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jako View Post
Shipping is $1500 - $1800 depending on the port location stateside. The price of shipping doesn't really bother me much. It's the fact that once I pay to ship it I'm committed to keeping it. Otherwise its just a waste of money.

I'm leaning on keeping it so far, see what happens.
The shipping price is not bad at all. I paid 1k to ship my Chevelle from Missouri to Cali. On a flat bed at that.

I'd keep it if it were my decision.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #13
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
The shipping price is not bad at all. I paid 1k to ship my Chevelle from Missouri to Cali. On a flat bed at that.

I'd keep it if it were my decision.
He's shipping it across the pond....
Old 08-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #14
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ_TRD View Post
He's shipping it across the pond....
I kind of realized that. Hence the reason why I said that the price was good, when it cost me over half that to ship mine across country.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i sure hope they dont try and ship it flat bed

Old 08-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #16
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jako View Post
So I have a 2003 Nissan 350z Touring. Had it over 6 years now. Paid off, 41k miles on it. I'm debating selling the car before I PCS back to the states from Germany. I'll have to pay out of pocket to ship it back. My Tacoma is being shipped already by the AF.

Should I sell it before I leave and start over with a new toy stateside. Or hold onto it. Plans if I keep it are to build the block and install a Powerlab GT35R single turbo kit. Keep it looking stock still, but probably have it repainted again because I am ridiculously obsessed with having perfect paint.
Reading the bold makes me say yes, keep it!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i sure hope they dont try and ship it flat bed

Can't get any flatter than THIS flatbed! LOL!!

Old 08-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #19
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
I'd ship it n keep it that's the only type of Nissan I'd ever own...any of the Zs
Old 08-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #20
Black3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack3144 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Electrician
Black3144's Tacoma Gallery
I thought they changed it so you can ship two vehicles if you're married, was over there four years ago in your same area. Get ready for that pay cut from losing COLA and utility allowance, shit sucks.