Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2008+ subaru wrx experience?

Old 08-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
2008+ subaru wrx experience?

Anyone have experience with these? I'm looking at the non sti models.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 07 sti but I guess that's no help. Free bump.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
damn, trading the taco?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
The gas ain't cutting it on the taco. It's roughly 50 miles round trip to school every day plus I've had problems with the taco. Sadly I think the tranny is screwed partly my fault.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Why not get the STI???
$$$
Old 08-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Get the Sti. Lol. No WRX is sick my buddies got an 09. One thing he wishes is that it had the 6 speed. If you are going to mod and increase HP, the 5 speed doesn't hold up ever well
Old 08-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
My 07 had big problems with the ecu and some major hesitation at full throttle. Ended up throwing a rod through the block after I sold it. Was a known problem on the 07s but they probably fixed it on later models I would imagine.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
My 07 had big problems with the ecu and some major hesitation at full throttle. Ended up throwing a rod through the block after I sold it. Was a known problem on the 07s but they probably fixed it on later models I would imagine.
I read something similar about the 08 but the review I read was on an sti. I'd take an sti over an EVO mainly cuz Mitsubishis rep
Old 08-31-2011, 07:11 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
FYI WRX MPG isn't much better than the Taco.

On a side note there isn't a day that goes by where I didn't with I went for a fast car and this one was on the list.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #12
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
FYI WRX MPG isn't much better than the Taco.
True, my sti got 20 mpg.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
True, my sti got 20 mpg.
But the important thing is that 20mpg was much more fun. Haha.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #14
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
But the important thing is that 20mpg was much more fun. Haha.
Yes but it was useless for anything and everything, except having fun.

Hence the trade in for the taco
Old 08-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
why dont you downgrade your tires? and get all terrains if you dont have them already and see where that takes you
Old 08-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #16
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Yikes! How many miles to a tank?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #17
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 08-31-2011, 08:23 PM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
Yikes! How many miles to a tank?
Like 350 max for me
Old 08-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #19
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
And that would be on E

300 is around the most I got before refueling.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #20
qwertypepper will become famous soon enoughqwertypepper will become famous soon enough
Name: cam
qwertypepper's Tacoma Gallery
well i know that they hold up in and accident. my dad and brother recently got t-boned on a highway. witnesses estimate that the full size dodge 3500 hit them at 80km/h. the wrx was totalled, however they are still alive. they were in a 09 wrx non sti