LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Labor Guide info/help

Old 09-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
Labor Guide info/help

My buddy is having his transmission replaced on his 2007 Tahoe (4WD, 125K+ miles) They have quoted him $3500 to replace with a Jasper rebuild (also stated the transmission only cost around $1900ish). That tells me that labor will be around $1500. That seems a bit high to me. Does anyone have access to a labor guide to find out how many hours are allowed for this? My best guess is about 7. At that rate, it is around $214.xx/hour. (Even at $150/hour that leaves $450 for misc parts/etc. but seems high.) Thanks for the help!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
He called AAMCO and had another quote but I am not sure what it was. They said the cost to remove his transmission and replace it with another transmission would be variable depending upon what was wrong with his transmission. That sounds odd to me. If they are removing a transmission and replacing it with another (not rebuilding his, but replacing it with another), why would the price vary?