1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Labor Guide info/help

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by derekp, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Sep 1, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    derekp

derekp [OP] giddy up!

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Grand Forks, ND
    Vehicle:
    2001 X-Cab 4x4 TRD V6 5Spd
    Deck plate, Flowmaster Delta-Flow 40 series, 265/75-16 Wrangler TDs, more to come...
    My buddy is having his transmission replaced on his 2007 Tahoe (4WD, 125K+ miles) They have quoted him $3500 to replace with a Jasper rebuild (also stated the transmission only cost around $1900ish). That tells me that labor will be around $1500. That seems a bit high to me. Does anyone have access to a labor guide to find out how many hours are allowed for this? My best guess is about 7. At that rate, it is around $214.xx/hour. (Even at $150/hour that leaves $450 for misc parts/etc. but seems high.) Thanks for the help!

2. Sep 1, 2011 at 5:16 PM
    derekp

derekp [OP] giddy up!

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Grand Forks, ND
    Vehicle:
    2001 X-Cab 4x4 TRD V6 5Spd
    Deck plate, Flowmaster Delta-Flow 40 series, 265/75-16 Wrangler TDs, more to come...
    He called AAMCO and had another quote but I am not sure what it was. They said the cost to remove his transmission and replace it with another transmission would be variable depending upon what was wrong with his transmission. That sounds odd to me. If they are removing a transmission and replacing it with another (not rebuilding his, but replacing it with another), why would the price vary?

Products Discussed in

To Top