Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Buying something with a lien on it?

Old 09-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
Uncharted is on a distinguished road

Uncharted's Tacoma Gallery
Buying something with a lien on it?

Hey All! Just looking for some advice or some info about buying a vehicle/motorcycle with a lien on it.

Current Scenario:
I'm looking to buy a motorcycle from a friend of a friend. The guy owes $1800 on the motorcycle and is selling the bike for $2300. The bank (not sure if it is a local or corporate) is the lien holder. So this poses my question, what is the best way to go about this?

My current though processt:
1) Go to the bank with him, get a bill of sale notarized and a statement stating that he will hand over and sign the title over to me once he receives the title, (if it's not held on site which i don't think any are). Take possession of the bike and just store it until he receives the title.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Check the AZ DMV site.