Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Stealing a Taurus (Yes it sounds bad... please open to read story)

Old 09-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Stealing a Taurus (Yes it sounds bad... please open to read story)

Alright TW I have a little project I'm working on

At our school, we have a tradition called the "senior car". The senior class each year gets an old car and paints it up (usually mostly fraternity letters and stuff) and it gets parked outside one of the houses.

Our job as freshmen is to steal the car from them and repaint it before parking it in the middle of the quad to proudly display our accomplishment.

Now... I'm assuming it will be pretty well guarded at some points and possibly even hidden. On top of that they somehow disable the car to prevent it from running or moving. So we have to figure out how to fix it (it is an engineering college, after all) and get it moved in stealth.

This year's car is a Ford Taurus station wagon with the rare full roof sunroof option (It's an aftermarket sawzall addition, bam margera style haha) I'm unsure of the year, but from google images it's somewhere between 2000 and 2006? My main question to all of you is regarding its ignition system... can anyone advise me as to whether or not it has an RFID key? This vintage seems to be when they first started using them. I don't think I'd have time to do a full hotwire job but I think if it's old school enough and I can just bust the lock tumblers and start it with a screw driver (after breaking the steering wheel lock of course) it could work. If all else fails we're up in ranching country... I'm sure there's plenty of farm boys willing to flex their oil burner's muscles and drag that bitch back to campus.

Any other ideas on how to fire it up without the key? I'll keep this thread updated as I find out more info... I know where it is as of now and will be doing recon on it periodically. I poked around in it last night and found some odd wires running around... not sure if those are part of the disabling or for the ghetto-rigged sound system they had in it when they were driving it around.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds like a sick tradition
Old 09-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Pay a shady tow truck driver to snatch it up and bring it to you.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
You're over thinking this. You need two pick up trucks and a trailer with a winch on it. First truck swoops in and uses a recovery strap to quickly drag the car out into the street. Second truck with the trailer backs right up to it. Hook the winch up and drag it onto the trailer.

Bingo - car is yours.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
In the steering column on the left side there should be an electrical switch that can be turned with a screwdriver.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
cant wait to see this episode of Bait Car
Old 09-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
12V with 25,000lb recovery strap. Time to roll some coal boys!!!!!

Drag that bitch till you snap the cv's.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
what awesome school is this?
South Dakota School of Mines. We gotta do shit like this to keep ourselves occupied with the 5:1 male:female ratio.

It really is in our best interest to be able to drive it out rather than yank it because it tends to get stolen back and forth a few times and I think it would be more fun to drive it away and take it for a "victory ride" anyway. I'll see if I can at least get a good look at the key at some point... if it has the black plastic at the top there's a good chance it's RFID correct? Or do they hide those in plain metal keys too?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
This is funny. Teaching someone (and all the lurkers) how to steal a car. Someone else is going to steal before YOU do! Hee hee hee
Old 09-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i vote for cracking the steering column and using a screwdriver
Old 09-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #14
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ALright.....Being as there is the possability that someone/s may be watching over the vehicle, you will need a couple hot girls, a smoke generator, helicopter, blow darts, some Poisen sleeping dart medicine, black suits, and a few friends.

First.put the black suits on, then....Have the cute girls distract the guys watching the car, then start the smoke generator. When the place fills with smoke, shoot the guys with the sleeping blow darts. Then call in the helicopter. when the choppa gets there, strap it to the car, and have the pilot lift the car to your secret layer.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Poison.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Poison.
No need to kill anybody over this......
Old 09-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #17
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

I was JUST gonna suggest, jacking up all 4 tires, sliding those things ( look at the pic ) underneath and rolling it away, won't even need to break into the car
Old 09-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #18
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
ALright.....Being as there is the possability that someone/s may be watching over the vehicle, you will need a couple hot girls, a smoke generator, helicopter, blow darts, some Poisen sleeping dart medicine, black suits, and a few friends.

First.put the black suits on, then....Have the cute girls distract the guys watching the car, then start the smoke generator. When the place fills with smoke, shoot the guys with the sleeping blow darts. Then call in the helicopter. when the choppa gets there, strap it to the car, and have the pilot lift the car to your secret layer.
See, all you had to do is ask Chris4x4.

Dunno about the key, I have had a few Rangers around that year range. Some had RFID. The ones with RFID have a fat black plastic key head. It's pretty obvious when compared side by side.

Get one of the girls to ask for a ride in the Taurus. Make sure she has big boobs. Later when she's pretending she wants to get it on with the guy, she can steal the keys and drive it away. That will only work if she has really big boobs though.

Pics of the chick with the boobs, or it never happened.