Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

took the baby to the stealership for some maintenance...

Old 09-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
. . .
mgbulldog is on a distinguished road

Army: 2-505 PIR 82 ABN
Name: matt
mgbulldog's Tacoma Gallery
took the baby to the stealership for some maintenance...

Had a problem with the clutch chirping and squeaking at me all the damn time unless it was held in, so I took it to my local dealership to assess the problem. They called me about 4 hours later to let me know that they had successfully diagnosed the problem as a clutch release bearing. Not surprising, but they also conveniently forgot that the truck was still under warranty, and wanted to charge me 670 big ones. I did some quick research and noticed that the part can be found with very little effort for around $75.. so that brings the question, how the hell does anyone afford to have these things fixed on a vehicle that isn't under warranty??
Old 09-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbulldog View Post
Had a problem with the clutch chirping and squeaking at me all the damn time unless it was held in, so I took it to my local dealership to assess the problem. They called me about 4 hours later to let me know that they had successfully diagnosed the problem as a clutch release bearing. Not surprising, but they also conveniently forgot that the truck was still under warranty, and wanted to charge me 670 big ones. I did some quick research and noticed that the part can be found with very little effort for around $75.. so that brings the question, how the hell does anyone afford to have these things fixed on a vehicle that isn't under warranty??
Labor's usually what gets you... however, that's probably the primary reason I own a Toyota, less maintence issues. My dad drives a Ford Ranger... and it's always having one problem or another.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
. . .
mgbulldog is on a distinguished road

Army: 2-505 PIR 82 ABN
Name: matt
mgbulldog's Tacoma Gallery
True, especially with transmission related issues, but I'm also more than a little miffed that I've driven the truck only about 6000 miles and I already have this problem.