1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

took the baby to the stealership for some maintenance...

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by mgbulldog, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Sep 23, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    mgbulldog

mgbulldog [OP] . . .

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    fort bragg nc
    Vehicle:
    09 dc manual
    2.5 spacers, 1.5 aal, step rail, tinted tails, blacked out badges, urd short throw.
    Had a problem with the clutch chirping and squeaking at me all the damn time unless it was held in, so I took it to my local dealership to assess the problem. They called me about 4 hours later to let me know that they had successfully diagnosed the problem as a clutch release bearing. Not surprising, but they also conveniently forgot that the truck was still under warranty, and wanted to charge me 670 big ones. I did some quick research and noticed that the part can be found with very little effort for around $75.. so that brings the question, how the hell does anyone afford to have these things fixed on a vehicle that isn't under warranty??

2. Sep 23, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    Labor's usually what gets you... however, that's probably the primary reason I own a Toyota, less maintence issues. My dad drives a Ford Ranger... and it's always having one problem or another.

3. Sep 23, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    mgbulldog

mgbulldog [OP] . . .

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    fort bragg nc
    Vehicle:
    09 dc manual
    2.5 spacers, 1.5 aal, step rail, tinted tails, blacked out badges, urd short throw.
    True, especially with transmission related issues, but I'm also more than a little miffed that I've driven the truck only about 6000 miles and I already have this problem.

Products Discussed in

To Top