Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Its alive!!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its alive!!!!

Sorry, but I didnt have my camera with me, but my Project 6x6 Off road "recovery vehicle" is RUNNING!!!!! The engine ( 2 stroke turbo charged detroit) sounds like a BEAST!. I mounted 37" Goodyear MTR's on it, so no duallies in the rear, but Im happy with how well it drives! Top speed is around 45 mph, and low range, Im pretty sure, will rip anything I hook up to apart. I went thru some washes and some pretty steep climbs, without ANY issues. This thing articulates VERY well, so Im not going to mod the springs. Had some problems with the air brakes not disengaugeing, and since Im not very experienced with them, I beat them with a hammer until they released. No issues since. Just had to post up. Next time I will have pics!
Old 11-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
LOL thats the way I would have handled the springs as well. Glad to hear you had a very productive day. If force isn't working get a Bigger Hammer.
YEP!
If you cant fix it with a Hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
That post was just a huge tease- I wanna see it chris.
you will. Next time out, Im gonna have some action shots! There is an abaondoned Nissan car someone put on our property, and Im gonna drive over it.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
SongDog is on a distinguished road

SongDog's Tacoma Gallery
That sounds AWESOME!!!! I can't wait!
Old 11-01-2008, 05:03 PM   #8

So I dont get beat up....These are the pics I took a couple of months ago, before the new tires.....

Just to tide you over.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Action shots my a$$ dood- That needs to be up on youtube!!
My Vid. camera is broken.
If I get one or can borrow one, I'll do it. Never posted video, so I may have to enlist your help.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #13

Quote:
If you are driving over a car...I'll make sure we get it on the internet!!

If it wasn't like three or four days to get there from here I would drive out and watch.
Well, when I do it, I can send you the video, via snail mail, or whatever, and you can be in charge of the posting of it.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #14
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Chris thats great that explains where ya been all day! Man I envy you owning the M-37 what a fantastic trailmaker-and a blast to drive huh?!
Old 11-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Hey Chris thats great that explains where ya been all day! Man I envy you owning the M-37 what a fantastic trailmaker-and a blast to drive huh?!
Yeah! I left early this AM, and went to work on it. The M-37 is a 4x4:

Im not sure what the designation for the 6x6 is. I'll have to check.
The M-37, I hate to say, used to be my favorite off roader. It goes ANYWHERE. WOT in low range is about 1 mph. The 6x6, however, may end up being my ALL TIME favorite off roader. The thing moves effortlessly up hills. ANd the SOUND is AWSOME! I need to install a snorkle on it, and run a different exhaust, but those are just nit picks. My Brother is useing it for cutting fire wood, hence the chain saws in the pics, and he is going to go thru the brakes for me, and do some other things. I just need to get some more time off work so I can get some action pics of it.
As you can see, one of the HUGE benafits of owening an old military vehicle, is: No worry about body damage!
Old 11-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #16
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
ah sorry bout the longshot-did a search-looks like you have a Dodge WC-62 or WC-63 one and a half ton? It weighs a whopping 7000lbs!!!! that is COOL!is this close?^^^
Old 11-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #18
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Deusenhaf is what i want. those are also very beastly trucks.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Awesome! I love WWII/Korea era vehicles. I may have to stop by and see them in person some time.
I keep them on our property up north. BUT, your more than welcome to come along for a day of off roading up there.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
ah sorry bout the longshot-did a search-looks like you have a Dodge WC-62 or WC-63 one and a half ton? It weighs a whopping 7000lbs!!!! that is COOL!is this close?^^^
Thats not it, Frank. Nice try, though. I belive its called a "duce and a half". I think there is a placard on it saying the GVW is 35,000 lbs.