Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Volvo Forums?

Old 09-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Volvo Forums?

I've googled, but I don't know which one to join.

The community on TW is awesome, but who knows which one of my google results is cool too

If you've seen this other thread of mine:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...11-tundra.html

Originally we were planning on a 2011 Tundra, however. To make a long story short, a family friend is moving and she is selling her 2001 volvo. It's waaayyyy cheaper than buying a new 30K truck and the insurance will be considerably cheaper, so we decided to buy it from her. If anyone here is experienced with Volvos please do chime in!

It's a 2001 Volvo S60 with about 150K miles. When I drove it, it didn't feel like anything was wrong, the Turbo seems fine, the transmission doesn't shift roughly, the interior has been kept really well, and the suspension feels fine.

I do know we need to replace the tires, oil, and brakes. The maybes are: Auto Transmission fluid, Coolant, brake and power steering fluids, spark plugs and air filter.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Try http://www.ipdusa.com/ and http://www.brickboard.com/

These are the two sites I used when I was a Volvo owner.
I foudn IPD in looking for parts, but I can't seem to figure out brickboard's format.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
www.swedespeed.com
www.turbobricks.com
www.matthewsvolvosite.com
www.volvospeed.com

Those were the ones I lurked on when I was a Volvo owner.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalR View Post
www.swedespeed.com
www.turbobricks.com
www.matthewsvolvosite.com
www.volvospeed.com

Those were the ones I lurked on when I was a Volvo owner.

I was heavy on Volvospeed, my first forum ever. I was "Svenson, The Terrible". I wonder if my old password still works!