LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

thinking of trading truck give honest opinion please

Old 10-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
thinking of trading truck give honest opinion please

So, the time has arisen where a full sized truck is almost a necessity to my family's needs. We are in pretty good with our local Nissan dealer where we purchased my wife's 370z and then our pathfinder. I've been looking at the Titan. Today they offered us a 2011 crew cab Sv 4x4 for roughly 28,000 otd, which really fits my needs and more importantly our budget as much as I like the tundras they are really expensive. Give input please.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
medictrack will become famous soon enoughmedictrack will become famous soon enough
Name: Bill
medictrack's Tacoma Gallery
Family first, I love my tacoma but I have been there and I would go with what fit's your family and budget
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
The choice seems pretty clear - if your family's needs demands you get a full-size, then I would go with a full-size.

Something to keep in mind, though...you can get a very nice, Certified Used Tundra for $28,000...

Fink
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medictrack View Post
Family first, I love my tacoma but I have been there and I would go with what fit's your family and budget
X2
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
never be brand loyal, if it works for your fam and is reliable then do it. My advice would be check out titan forums and look for nagging issues that may or may not plague them
Old 10-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
X2 on the used tundra, but we've been down the used car road once and got burned. Never again. New from here out.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoutheastTaco View Post
X2 on the used tundra, but we've been down the used car road once and got burned. Never again. New from here out.
Ever gone with a Certified used? Better warranty than you get from the factory...

Fink
Old 10-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #8
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
General life rule is you get what you pay for but you still have to pay for it!!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
Resident Jackass
Please explain
Old 10-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Do your research on the Titan, they used to have issues with the rear ends since they're so small. That being said, my neighbor has one that he tows a travel trailer with and has not had anything go wrong with it. I'd give serious consideration to the Silverado and the F-150 though. I'd be more apt to buy one of those over the Nissan.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Please explain
Who is this to?

Fink
Old 10-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #12
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Go with a chevy over the titan!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
medictrack will become famous soon enoughmedictrack will become famous soon enough
Name: Bill
medictrack's Tacoma Gallery
The Silverado is nice I have a 2009 and it has been a great truck
Old 10-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #14
Resident Jackass
On the certified warranty
Old 10-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #15
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Get the titan over the tundra. I know ima get bashed for saying that but after riding and driving some titans they are pretty bad ass.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On the certified warranty
Certified Warranty

New Car Warranty

Fink
Old 10-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #17
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
Get the titan over the tundra. I know ima get bashed for saying that but after riding and driving some titans they are pretty bad ass.
The Tundra is over-engineered in just about every area. The Titan? Eh...not so much.

When I was selling Toyotas, we had a guy come down with a true Tundra cutaway. Essentially, take a Tundra off the lot and get yourself a chainsaw and slice it right down the middle length-wise.

He had an F-150, Silverado and a Titan with him also. The Tundra won in just about every functional area.

With all of that being said, for what your (OP) budget seems to be, I agree with Pugga. An F-150 or Silverado would more than likely be my choice over the Titan if buying brand new was a requirement.

Fink
Old 10-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #18
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
i had a 2006 titan new, i went through 2 tranny's, 1 transcooler, radiator, and the second time my rear end went out i traded it in for my tacoma. keep in mind i was heavily modded. headers, cai, intake, tru trac, i had a burnout mod and was hard on that truck. I haven't been on titantalk or clubtitan in awhile but those 2 seem to be top forums, titantalk was frequented more. they upgraded the brakes i think, the fix for the rear end was putting a finned diff cover on the rear, as far as tranny's go not sure but the titan has alot of problems with transmissions also. good luck in your decision....
Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #19
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
The Tundra is over-engineered in just about every area. The Titan? Eh...not so much.

When I was selling Toyotas, we had a guy come down with a true Tundra cutaway. Essentially, take a Tundra off the lot and get yourself a chainsaw and slice it right down the middle length-wise.

He had an F-150, Silverado and a Titan with him also. The Tundra won in just about every functional area.

With all of that being said, for what your (OP) budget seems to be, I agree with Pugga. An F-150 or Silverado would more than likely be my choice over the Titan if buying brand new was a requirement.

Fink

The fink has spoken!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #20
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Imo I think the tundra is a better truck however the real question is what $$$ figure makes it worth it. The truck is more exspensive because people are willing to pay it for a reason. that reason varies from quality, performance, or status symbol).
Thats why the tacoma (known as on of the most expensive in its class is also know as the best in class)
But what i am saying is you can only play the game with the cards you have. Don't get me wrong i like the titan and I think that you first post says it all. It fits your need and is in you buget.
Also 28,000 new sounds pretty good but also look at american trucks too they have made huge leaps!