Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Recommend me a midsize hatchback for ~$8k or less.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Recommend me a midsize hatchback for ~$8k or less.

Not for me, but for my mom. Long story short..

She currently has a 1999 Toyota Sienna with almost 165k miles. I drove it the other day and it runs pretty shitty. She's a penny pincher and doesn't want to get into another vehicle. My plan is to surprise her with another car while I turn around and sell the Sienna.

Nothing older that a 2005, V6 preferred, but I'm open to healthy 4 bangers. Must be midsize so no Civics, Matrix, etc. To give you an idea, I've been looking at the Chevrolet Malibu Maxx and just recently the Dodge Caliber. Must have 4 doors and it doesn't have to be a hatchback, but I feel it would be much more convenient for her.

Suggestions?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Well, after reading a little more about it the Caliber is out.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Lexus IS300 Sportcross?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
subaru forrester or mitsubishi outlander.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
dodge magnum.
I love those. I wanted a SRT8 before buying my truck. I wish I would have gone for it.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Midsize what? CUV?

The Honda Pilot is hard to beat in that category.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I'd suggest a Hyundai Sonata. They are really cleaning up their act. My dad has an '06 Porsche Boxster S that, around this time last year, we drove up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and met one on the way up while I was driving and followed him at a pretty good pace. He pulled over at a picnic area and ate. We went down ate lunch and switched so that my dad was driving. He met us going back up and paced us with my dad giving about 70% effort to get away from him. He found a good line and passed which was a slap in the face of my dad. We got to sliding rock and pulled over behind him to talk for a few minutes. He was really cool. The car was very nice car and I would recommend anyone to give it a look. It has a very good fit and finish. It feels very high quality on the interior, it's performance gives a Porsche Boxster S a run for its money. Very good car imo.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #9
--- --- --- - ----

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I'll look into all mentioned suggestions. Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #10
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
1968 Chevelle SS.