Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Got in an accident, my fault?

Old 10-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Got in an accident, my fault?

So the other night me and some friends were hanging out at his place and there were a few too many people so we decided to go to my place to thin things out. We all started driving up there and the ones we were trying to avoid followed (of course ) so we get to my place and I go to parallel park. I stop, throw it in reverse, look behind me and slowly start to backup...crunch... the not invited crew thought it would be funny to tail me and stopped right behind me, my truck is lifted and they were in a civic so I couldn't see them for the life of me. My hitch receiver put a hole in their hood, is this my fault? the repair bill isn't much but i thought id ask. What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
On paper it will be your fault; however, I would never ask somebody to pay for damage in a case like that if I was the one trying to pull the prank.

Fink
Old 10-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
On paper it will be your fault; however, I would never ask somebody to pay for damage in a case like that if I was the one trying to pull the prank.

Fink
^ This

Hopefully your friends recognize they were being stupid and just take their lumps.

I have people walk or drive into my path while backing up all the time. The whole "screw you, me first" attitude only works if I can see them. Sometimes I can't, especially with a loaded work vehicle.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post

Fink
agree i would see if they can front some $$ up.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
That's a tough one. If you had signalled and were legally parallel parking, you might have an argument in court.

My guess is that the easiest thing to do is to shell out the "not much" cash and call it a cheap lesson. You could easily have been putting the hitch through a bimmr's radiator.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say it's their fault for being idiots. If they're really you're friends they would admit it was their fault. Worst case scenario is you guys split it 50/50.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
I'd say it's their fault for being idiots. If they're really you're friends they would admit it was their fault. Worst case scenario is you guys split it 50/50.
Absolute worst-case is 50/50.

If it were me, and they came to me asking for money, I'd say fuck no. I'm much more likely to help in those situations if you don't ask. I will do the right thing 9/10 times.

Example...girlfriend's best friend parked her car in the parking garage at our apartment. She ends up getting bumped by what I assume to be a drunkard. She never asked for a penny, but I felt guilty being that I told her it'd be safe here. So I cut her a check for half of the damage. If she had asked, I would have told her that shit could have happened anywhere.

Fink
Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #8
EL REY!
kingtacoma951 is on a distinguished road

Name: DANNY M
kingtacoma951's Tacoma Gallery
just dont go with the insurances...handle it yourself an let them fix it.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #9
drive it like you stoll it
black tacoma 666 is on a distinguished road
black tacoma 666's Tacoma Gallery
it's just a civic !

black tacoma666