Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Child #3..... Which vehicle to buy?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Child #3..... Which vehicle to buy?

So my wife and I discovered last week we have baby #3 on the way! Anyhow, right now I have a 2007 tacoma (will not be traded), and a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT.

As many know, the tacoma is a little tight for 3 car seats (2 is manageable), and the Subaru just wont cut it at all. Needless to say, the subaru has got to go.

That being said..... im going to be in the market for a new family ride. My price MUST stay at or below $15k and have 4wd or AWD, which limits me i know, but that is why I am here seeking your advice. I would ideally like to have a new AWD Sienna, but thats not going to happen with the current budget. That being said I am considering other options.

Right now im leaning toward a 2001-2005 Toyota Sequoia, but that puts me in the area of ~ 100,000 miles....... now im ok with that so long as it would be reliable..... (are they pretty reliable? I dont know where to research). Others I have looked at are Expeditions, Durango's, Suburbans ect.

Anyhow, all input is welcome!

-Kris
Old 10-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I see a minivan in your future
http://youtu.be/rUV5DEv7LaA
Old 10-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
CRV AWD maybe.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
Texio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to behold

Texio's Tacoma Gallery
Do all 3 have to be in car seats? How old are they? If you could squeeze the oldest one in the middle of the back seat you could pull it off. I have a 2011 Double Cab (bought because of our second kid) with one rear facing car seat and a booster, and my wife has sat in the middle of the back seat for short trips. For a kid it would be even easier.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Why AWD?

If budget is tight, that may be a luxury to give up.

Minivan FTW.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Dude!!! I would drive a 97 Toyota Previa SC AWD. I love Previas.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #7
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well.... i would LIKE 4wd or awd.... i dont necessarily NEED it.... however, if i can get something like an older sequoia i would get it with the option.

They will all 3 be in car seats unfortunately.....
Old 10-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Can I make a comment about not needing another vehicle because your wife seems to be a clown car for kids, or is that too much?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
WINNING!

Old 10-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #10
Texio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to behold

Texio's Tacoma Gallery
Nobody here on the forum makes some sort of tubular 3in 304ss double-welded powder-coated trail-tested bed bar implement that you can use to attach one of the car seats in the bed? It's not that cold in Glendale most of the year...
Old 10-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texio View Post
Nobody here on the forum makes some sort of tubular 3in 304ss double-welded powder-coated trail-tested bed bar implement that you can use to attach one of the car seats in the bed? It's not that cold in Glendale most of the year...

Meh, extra d-rings, cargo net, no problem!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #12
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
hey heres a idea PIIHB
Old 10-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
hey heres a idea PIIHB
dont think she'd go for that lol.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
WINNING!

this is winning for sure... unfortunately this is a little out of my price range lol
Old 10-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #15
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I have a Honda Pilot for the wife...We have 2 kids and 1 on the way it will be fine for us. It has 3rd row seating that folds into the floor, AWD and it's the perfect size for us (not too big and not too small). Granted they do hold their value pretty well so you may be looking at an '04 to '05 in that price range. I previously had a Tahoe and Armada and they were just too big for us since we never used the tow capacity of either vehicle and they sucked with gas mileage. On a recent vacation we averaged almost 22mpg with a full load in LA stop and go traffic.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #16
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
4runner?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #17
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Rav4 or 4runner
Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #19

ok, made a decision and made a purchase. its a 2003 sequoia limited 4wd. 100k miles, and paid 11.5k.

First and one of only a few mods: Retrofit