Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

U-Pick salvage yards

Old 10-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
All the time!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinePhoenix2207 View Post
Like what?
Ive been going to these places for 25 years....Not sure I can recite all the deals I have gotten.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Never have myself but my buddy can always find something with flames on it in any junkyard. Flamed gas caps, flamed brake pedals, flamed grills, flamed reciever hitches.
He can spot a flamed item 200 yrds away, I swear.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah. I have been searching yards for years. Not so much now a days because the truck doesn't need anything but for older vehicles I have found, mirrors, door handles, door emblems, body panels, steering wheel, spare tire, headliner, Transmission, rear end. Its actually endless. Basically everything you would need to build a vehcile is there for the taking.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #7
jsutter has a spectacular aura aboutjsutter has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
jsutter's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I rebuild my Ranger from one after I hit a deer; hood, hood hinges and latch, radiator, grill, header panel, a turn signal and a headlight for <$250. You just have to check with them often or give a name/number to have them call you when the vehicle you want comes in as many vehicles get picked clean pretty quickly.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #8
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
I can't go into those places! I would go a lot with my dad as a child and would freak out when I would see blood on the seats. I remember asking my dad if someone died in there and he said...probably.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Man where I'm located in Texas I'm kinda far from any of the pick a part places. But I'm in the middle of a project now. Great excuse to go.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
All teh time. You get great deals but the parts may need a little cleaning up.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I rebuilt an entire dashboard in one of my high school cars with one. I've gotten several rims and tires for stuff that needed just one or whatever. Got some parts for a '67 tbird sent to me from one for a buddy.
They are gold if you don't need the part RIGHT NOW cause you may have to look for it/one in good shape for a while. But great deal!!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #12
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
we have a few of these in our area. very hard to find parts for tacomas. If you do stumble onto one it's probablly so stripped you're lucky to salvage a screw off of it. searched for parts for 85 & 87 4-rnr's at these. lucky because from dash up was same as truck. 4-rnr's were really stripped, now the 84-89 4-rnr's are almost intact. probablly because there's a lot less of them being maintained.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #13
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
If your looking for parts for your Tacoma then your screwed...

If you want to fix your Honda accord then they have everything you could ever need. Stupid stuff for like .25 cents. I just picked up a knob for my honda's fan control for .50 when the dealership wanted $13!
Old 10-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #14
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
^^^all those tacomas are going straight to the auction yards. u pull it only works for cars earlier than 2000's.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:40 AM   #15
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've gotten stuff for my other vehicles. I need to find one with a 09-11 taco so I can get the middle dash panel with the slots...
Old 12-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #16
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inesshell View Post
^^^all those tacomas are going straight to the auction yards. u pull it only works for cars earlier than 2000's.

Not in FL, LA or OK... All the way to 2005-06 in OK, about the same in FL.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #17
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I found a sweet shift knob out of a cellica once. around here the junk yards are full of domestic vehicles, the foreign section is tiny and pretty much full of nissans, Mitsubishis, etc. hardly any toyotas because they're all still on the road.