Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Ford help

Old 10-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Ford help

My girlfriend has a 2005 Ford Focus zx4, and her key is stuck in the ignition. I unhooked the battery and it came right out. Of course blondie put the key back in before I could figure out what was wrong . Anyways its the only key that cranks the car so could it possibly be a problem with the chip? Ford says its a 300$ Dollar repair whatcha guys think?
Old 10-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTaco07 View Post
My girlfriend has a 2005 Ford Focus zx4, and her key is stuck in the ignition. I unhooked the battery and it came right out. Of course blondie put the key back in before I could figure out what was wrong . Anyways its the only key that cranks the car so could it possibly be a problem with the chip? Ford says its a 300$ Dollar repair whatcha guys think?
nope.
there is an issue with the lock cyl.
i towed plenty of these.

If the key won't come out or gets stuck or won't turn we use to take a pair of regular pliers and tap like a hammer lightly on the key. 75% of the time it would release the key or allow it to turn to start the car and have them drive it to the repair facility. I don't remember it going to a recall but i did enough around here to warrant one. Anyway, it needs to be addressed asap. So i'm thinking a new lock cyl and key set with updated parts and maybe some other items that you may not think of.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
McBride513 is on a distinguished road
Name: Luke
McBride513's Tacoma Gallery
Ran into this at work. It could be a problem with the shift interlock wiring. If the comes out when you disconnect the battery, its most likely not the cylinder.