Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Bank Auctioned Tacoma

Old 10-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
$enior M3MB3R
jdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant future

Name: John
jdickey03's Tacoma Gallery
Bank Auctioned Tacoma

So I made a thread a while back about a Lotus that I put a bid into buy but lost the auction by $1,000.

Anyways theres a blue 2008 Sport Tacoma at a bank here for silent auction tomorrow at noon. I just went and checked it out, it has some scratches, decent dent on the driver side bed. Paint scuffed to the metal on the back side of the cab on the passenger side. I can almost bet it was a pot growers truck(they buy trucks, take it up to the hills trash them a little. then when the grow and harvest is over...aka Now... they just stop paying the payment and dont care if the bank takes it from them)... So I'm either looking at doing two things, getting it cheap and building it.. or getting it cheap and selling for more. It has 80,xxx miles 6spd, sport, interior looks decent. What do you guys think is a safe bid? The banks says it is worth 20-24...but they obviously just went on KBB and took their numbers. I'm thinking 10k and selling for 16-17. Basically I dont want to bid too much, then have to deal with a truck that I can't profit off. Or a truck that I paid way to much for to build.
(the picture doesnt show damage, I should have taken a picture of it when i was there, if i get a chance i'll swing back by and take some)

Old 10-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
meyhem auctions?
Old 10-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
$enior M3MB3R
jdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant future

say what??? haha
Old 10-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdickey03 View Post
say what??? haha

Nothing
Old 10-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
I think he means manheim auctions
Old 10-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
$enior M3MB3R

This is no laughing matter!!!!! its a tacoma were talking about here!!
But for real.....
Old 10-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #7

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmarine View Post
I think he means manheim auctions

yeah ,
Old 10-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #8
$enior M3MB3R

I guess i still dont follow? This truck is just owned by a Credit Union...not Manheim...
Old 10-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #9
$enior M3MB3R

hmmm i guess i'll stop in tomorrow before noon and offer 10,000...
Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
WizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WizzyTRDTXPRO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess i still dont follow? This truck is just owned by a Credit Union...not Manheim...
Manheim is an auction company many banks and credit unions send repod vehicles to sell.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
$enior M3MB3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizzyTRDTXPRO View Post
Manheim is an auction company many banks and credit unions send repod vehicles to sell.
I guess this could be the case, but it seems like a lot of the vehicles that i've seen at this credit union, i've seen around town or around the county. But I guess it could be a possibility.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #12
WizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WizzyTRDTXPRO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess this could be the case, but it seems like a lot of the vehicles that i've seen at this credit union, i've seen around town or around the county. But I guess it could be a possibility.
I have a friend that buys cars from the auctions and resells them. I know my local credit union actually sells local.