1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taco almost bit it today!

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by TacoDawgfan, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Oct 23, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    So me and the wife along with my dog are on our way home from Petsmart and as we approach the Catholic church up the road from our house, someone in the turn lane turning left into the church stops to let traffic out. I see the first car and get on the brakes as they pull out in front as if they have the right of way. Just slowed from about 45-50 down to about 35 which gave enough time for the car to get clear when I see the second car coming with no regard to my lane. :rolleyes: So I start applying the brakes hard and stop just as they realized I was coming and only missed hitting them by about 2 feet. :eek: If I hadn't been alert and they hadn't swerved back into the turn lane who knows how bad it would have been. Especially for my beloved dog in the back seat without any restraint holding him back. This type of thing happens all the time from this church. I just don't understand why the people from this church seem to think they have the right to whip it out in front like this. A lot of the time there is a cop directing traffic letting them out. Anyway, that is my rant for the day. Just wanted to get it out. ;)

2. Oct 23, 2011 at 3:45 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Wow man looks like it could of had a much different ending, good thing your wife and your pet dog had you alert at the time. You guys should complain to that church and get that problem resolved! Glad your still here!

3. Oct 23, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    thats happened to me before and my dog was in the back seat. i skidded to a halt and my dog went flying :(. check out some dog restraints, i got one after that.

its one that connects to an abdomen harness that you would normally use to walk your dog. it just has a little thing that connects to your seat belt so it you do get into a situation the seat belt locks keeping your dog in place.

It also keeps the window licking down to one window haha :rolleyes:

4. Oct 23, 2011 at 4:02 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    i have to drive big delivery (like box truck u-haul) trucks for work sometime. there's this one intersection on one of my routes that all in the span of 25 yards is a grave yard, right beside a church, on the intersection. i was going through there one morning doing 50 mph and an old lady pulled out right in front of me in a Cadillac leaving the graveyard (i scream a bunch of bad words, slam on brakes, here my product falling everywhere in the back, try not flip, scream and curse more) and then she turns left 50 ft later. . . hey, what can you do?

though i get in situations like yours probably once a week. at one end of a busy road near my campus is a two lane traffic circle. so many people just don't understand it and im am constantly avoiding wrecks in it.

5. Oct 23, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Count yourself lucky if it's just the people attending that church. Where I live everyone does what they want and doesn't give a shit about anyone else.

I will never understand how someone in a car, or on a bike, or on foot can just place themselves in the path of a car and TRUST that the driver will save their ass. I don't trust ANYONE. Especially not random people on the road.

Glad everyone is okay.

6. Oct 23, 2011 at 4:04 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    x2 idk what part of the central coast your in but happens all the time when i go home :mad:

7. Oct 23, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    Can't fix stupid. Natural selection will take care of them eventually. Hopefully they won't kill or hurt anyone in the process.

8. Oct 23, 2011 at 4:15 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Another reason to not go to church. :thumbsup:

Quick thinking though, glad you and your family are ok. :)

9. Oct 23, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Lovely San Luis Obispo. Everyone acts really nice to me when I show up at their house to work (service tech job). Then I see them on the road and it's "fawk you, me first". Superiority complex I guess.

Funny, the last time I was in Fresno sitting in the McDonald's driveway waiting to pull out into the street, someone stopped and let me out. I'll be honest with you: if that same guy had been walking down the street towards me, I would have crossed the street to avoid him.:eek: He looked like trouble, but he was the only one who was willing to let me sneak into the line of cars stopped in the street.

10. Oct 23, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    They just confessed their sins, got a clean slate & now it's time for some new ones. Besides "Thou shalt not cut anyone off" isn't even in the top ten.

11. Oct 23, 2011 at 5:00 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Well I need to go to confession after that incident and I'm not even Catholic. :eek:;):D

Products Discussed in

To Top