Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Which model year Corolla is best?

Old 10-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Tenzing is a name known to allTenzing is a name known to allTenzing is a name known to allTenzing is a name known to allTenzing is a name known to allTenzing is a name known to all
Name: Chris
Tenzing's Tacoma Gallery
Which model year Corolla is best?

Hey guys,

My mom is looking at getting a used Corolla for a DD and she wanted my help in knowing what to look for, but I don't know a ton about Corollas.

Is any model year or generation better than others? I've always heard the 9th gen, (03-06) were pretty damn good.

Just looking for something reliable that she doesn't have to worry about.

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
The ones from 91 to 02 were the best. Solid little beaters that could be fixed better than factory with duct tape and a soldering iron.

I miss my 91.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #4
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
The ones from 91 to 02 were the best. Solid little beaters that could be fixed better than factory with duct tape and a soldering iron.

I miss my 91.
x2 those are pretty much bulletproof. but then again, pretty much all corolla's are.

9th gens are solid.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #5
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 9th gen (2008) as a daily driver... as far as a daily driver is concerned i love it. it was affordable, its reliable, and its great on gas. i vote 9th gen

Old 10-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #6
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I had a '91 sedan and a '92 wagon for 4yrs each during and after college. They were both awesome reliable lil cars!! They were really easy to fix/maintain, fairly comfy, and great on gas!!! Both went for over 250k miles. The new ones look really nice too

I still miss the 5speed wagon.. but I guess my new ride will do
Old 10-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I once froze my engine solid on my 91. There was a brick of snow all in the interior of it, and the battery refused to accept a charge. It was left for 3 weeks at -30ºC being the average temperature.

Thing still started up from a boost first try and drove me home 300miles no issues.

Except that the heat didn't work real good till the next day when the engine had time to thaw out.

Only the starter, radiator, muffler and CV boot were replaced on it. Total for the 12 years and over 300,000 kms it was with us...$500 give or take.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
2004-2005 models are the best year for the corolla. change the oil and those suckers will last forever.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
my mom still has hers. it’s a '87 with over 300’000k on it and she has only put one timing belt on it. i leaks a little bit of oil but does not burn like any at all. she don’t drive it as much as she use to. AC is out tho.

here it is. it has sat for 2 months before and not moved and started 1st try.