LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Honeycomb tires

Old 10-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
Honeycomb tires

I want these bullet/IED proof bad boys

Old 10-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrGExperience View Post
I want these bullet/IED proof bad boys

Things really that bad down in Slidell, LA?
Old 10-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgie View Post
That would be freaking sweet! However, I doubt they are IED proof, resistant, yes.
they claim you can drive up to 50 mph after surviving an IED
Old 10-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
How would you air them down for trails?
Old 10-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
Things really that bad down in Slidell, LA?
you aint seen our swamps have you haha
Old 10-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you aint seen our swamps have you haha
I was referring to the bullet/IED blast proof.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
How would you air them down for trails?
dont go and ruin my dreams you bastard lol. I'm sure they'll make softer and firmer varieties when they hit the civilian market in a few years
Old 10-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
You obviously haven't driven on Louisiana roads!
especially on the south shore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
I was referring to the bullet/IED blast proof.
i dunno man bourbon st can get a lil sketchy some nights haha
Old 10-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
dont go and ruin my dreams you bastard lol. I'm sure they'll make softer and firmer varieties when they hit the civilian market in a few years
AH! Well in THAT Case. Drive to the trail, then throw on the "low pressure" versions.....and wheel! BUT WAIT! Now youre in SAND! Take off the low pressure ones, and put the next lower pressure ones on....ok...all good.....wait!!! NOW there is pavement!!! DAM! .....have to put the street ones back on......*whew!*.........Ok...Im on the road.....BOOM! An IED hit the Taco! Truck is shredded, Im dead, but the tires are GREAT!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Imagine if you hit a mud hole then tried to drive home. That would be bad.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgie View Post
If the wheel is still on the truck, then maybe. I would figure i would have seen them when I was deployed if they were that good. Maybe it goes back to the idea of; does it matter if its IED proof if the wheel doesn't stay on the truck? Thinking cost wise.

I would love to have to set on my mall crawler
they're just now being released according to the article i read so maybe the super spaced aged polycarbonate that they got from area 51 was just now perfected
Old 10-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #14

Quote:
AH! Well in THAT Case. Drive to the trail, then throw on the "low pressure" versions.....and wheel! BUT WAIT! Now youre in SAND! Take off the low pressure ones, and put the next lower pressure ones on....ok...all good.....wait!!! NOW there is pavement!!! DAM! .....have to put the street ones back on......*whew!*.........Ok...Im on the road.....BOOM! An IED hit the Taco! Truck is shredded, Im dead, but the tires are GREAT!
oh God damn you lol. I'm in south louisiana so all i need to worry about is mud and the occasional sand
Old 10-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #15

WAIT.....WT Fis an IED doing on my trail!!!?????

AnD HOW do you ballance those things??
Old 10-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #16

Quote:
WAIT.....WT Fis an IED doing on my trail!!!?????

AnD HOW do you ballance those things??
STOP APPLYING LOGIC TO MY DREAMS DAMMIT!!! Thats a good question about balancing though. The mud flinging would be interesting to see too lol
Old 10-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #17

Quote:
STOP APPLYING LOGIC TO MY DREAMS DAMMIT!!! Thats a good question about balancing though. The mud flinging would be interesting to see too lol
Sorry 'bout that. I bet if you sealed the sides, you could fill them with Hielum.....or.......Air.....tehn you could adjust the ride quality for different terrain......but then.....well....they would just be regular tires.....dam....there I go again....IM OUT!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #18
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
Michelin piloted some of those about 3 years ago !!! Put them on an audi
This is where I first saw it too. It t'was EPIC. Awesome that the military is using it...

I'm wondering why they haven't come to market... I have a feeling tire companies would LOSE money if they started selling these puppies. Amazing...

Quote:
Sorry 'bout that. I bet if you sealed the sides, you could fill them with Hielum.....or.......Air.....tehn you could adjust the ride quality for different terrain......but then.....well....they would just be regular tires.....dam....there I go again....IM OUT!
I don't see why you would need to constantly adjust the pressure. That's the whole point... You wouldn't need to.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #19
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
They need to advertise these in the projects
EDIT- my bad they're tires only 1" of sidewall.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
exactly why this is stupid
plus i bet it costs major cash money once the tread wears out
plus thats a lot of expense and wasted material for no reason (especially when its worse than a regular tire)
Hell no! When the tread wears out...then....YOU HAVE PADDLE TIRES!