Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Nissan Maxima 3.5L?

Old 10-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan Maxima 3.5L?

Good cars? What do you guys think?

My dad is thinking about buying one. His co-worker just bought and my he really likes it.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Only driven one a couple times but I would say yes, for a "family" car that is still fun to drive, the Maxima is a very good car.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I had one years ago. Comfy, quick, and decent mpg. SInce the one I had, I have only owned Hondas, as they are more reliable. My Nissan had Valve cover issues, fuel injector issues, and other little things.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Only driven one a couple times but I would say yes, for a "family" car that is still fun to drive, the Maxima is a very good car.
Yeah, it's gonna be a family car. I was suprised when he told me he wanted one because i've always thought of them as a young persons car. Can't really picture my parents (in their 60's) driving one lol
Old 10-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I had one years ago. Comfy, quick, and decent mpg. SInce the one I had, I have only owned Hondas, as they are more reliable. My Nissan had Valve cover issues, fuel injector issues, and other little things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
i like them. they hold up well (not toyota well or honda well, but still good) get good mpg, comfortable, pretty powerful.
and great car for the money
I've been telling to look into the new Accords, also, but he seems really set on the Nissan.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
I've been telling to look into the new Accords, also, but he seems really set on the Nissan.
Our new Accord handles GREAT! And yesterday, we took a little trip, most of the way about 80 mph (sometimes 85), and got 33 mpg! And the Accordds have Rear AC
Old 10-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Our new Accord handles GREAT! And yesterday, we took a little trip, most of the way about 80 mph (sometimes 85), and got 33 mpg! And the Accordds have Rear AC
Nice!
Quote:
yeah i almost mentioned the accord as an alternative but i figured hes probably not gonna be happy unless he gets what caught his eye
Exactly. He seems pretty set on it. Like how I was when I got my Tacoma.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I like them but they are expensive. We have an Accord but imo that doesn't compare to the Maxima, the Altima is more in the class and price range. So dollar for dollar I love our Accord.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #9

Quote:
i really like the redesign they did- they look really good now imo
They are pretty sexy. They're a little GTR-like in the front.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #10
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
They are pretty sexy. They're a little GTR-like in the front.
370z maybe? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAF1TtnuhbA
Old 10-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I like them. Solid VQ motor. Don't really have any experience with them though. My neighbor has one.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #12

I'm really diggin the white ones
Old 10-31-2011, 06:15 AM   #13
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
I like the exterior looks alot, but I have read that the interior makes Inifiniti redundant.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have heard of CVT trans issues.

posted via
Old 10-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #15
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I have heard of CVT trans issues.

posted via
really?

I sell Nissan, I've never had one come back with issues...

OP. The maxima is a sweet car, white with the black roof looks very nice.

They also have plenty of power, and drive really nice!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #16
WVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
WVtriple's Tacoma Gallery
Maxima

With my last job I did a ton of traveling. I had a rental car allownace of $ 75-100.00 per day. With this in mind, I could basically rent any kind car with exception of the premium luxury brands. I drove the Maxima quite a bit when out on the road, and it is a very good car. Plenty of power and excellent road manners. The only cons I could get from having it as a rental unit, were the interior fit and finish left something to be desired. The brakes, for the amount of power it has , needed a good deal of pedal effort to bring the car down from warp speed.
I looked at one for a DD, and the pricing turned me off, I was able to pick up a left over TSX for about 5k less than a Max, and if you don't need the horses, the TXS is a great little car, and is way better looking than the Accord IMHO. Sorry had to plug my ride.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
really?

Something that I have heard but I don't know for sure. My friend's wife's Altima with the 2.5 and CVT vibrates weird at times when getting back on the gas.

posted via
Old 10-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
not to get off topic, but i love what you put for your title whipper (If you are offended by my post(s) send me a PM.) if i didnt like the big lebowski so much id change mine to that too
Lol. The Big Lebowski is great. I need to watch it again.

posted via
Old 10-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #19

Thanks for all the input guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
really?

What's the average selling price for one? My dad found a used 2011 SV with only 6k miles on it for 28k. He prefers new, but he won't mind buying used if it's a good deal.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #20
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
well I'm in canada so im sure prices are a bit different.

Nissan.com will be quite accurate and will show you current incentives.