Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

The new Toyota/Subaru RWD Coupe

Old 11-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
The new Toyota/Subaru RWD Coupe

whatca think about it?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #3
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to compete with the GTR?

I think its sick actually...looks really good, kinda like a Porsche and a GTR mixed.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i think both the subaru and toyota version look sweet. but i also agree that they should have put a nice v6 in there like toyotas older motors. I didnt see a turbo in what I read either which they should atleast add to compete with even the sti/evo
Old 11-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
i like it. Sept i wish Toyota had made their own damn motor for it personally. The old supra motors are legendary, idk why they didn't just make a new one..
That would cost Toyota lots of money in R & D to produce a new 2JZ, it was cheaper to go with a company that has a history in producing sports cars.

The Toyota/Scion version will look a little different
Old 11-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
i think both the subaru and toyota version look sweet. but i also agree that they should have put a nice v6 in there like toyotas older motors. I didnt see a turbo in what I read either which they should atleast add to compete with even the sti/evo
I don't think this is to compete with the STI/Evo (mainly because that would eat into Subaru's sales of the WRX STI) rather it is to compete with Mazada's MX5/Miata.

There will be a STI version of the Subaru edition of the vehicle
Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #7

here is the Motor Trend article about the Subaru verison

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...e_first_drive/

Quote:
The key to the BRZ's appeal is the unique hardware under its relatively conventional skin. This is the world's only front-engine, rear-drive sports car powered by a boxer engine. The Subaru 2.0-liter four is an all-new engine with a different block from that used in the 2012 Impreza, and features Toyota-sourced direct injection. It gets a unique FA designation within the Subaru engine family (the closely related 2012 Impreza engine is known as the FB, while the 2011 Impreza is the EJ), and though Subaru engineers were tight-lipped about the engine's output, they didn't disagree with our guess of about 200 hp and 170 lb-ft. The engine drives the rear wheels through a choice of two Aisin six-speed transmissions, one a manual, the other a conventional planetary automatic with manual actuation via steering wheel-mounted paddles. The transmission is the same one used in the Lexus IS 350, among others. Front suspension is MacPherson strut, while the rear gets a complex multilink setup. Brakes are disc all around.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz1cSogJxnA
Old 11-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The 2JZ (No shit! haha F&F reference) was a straight six not a v6.

That motor was bulletproof. Many people have made 700+ RWHP on stock 2JZ bottom ends.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #9

here is a leaked photo of the Toyota/Scion version

http://wot.motortrend.com/leaked-sci...ue-131075.html
Old 11-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #10
Cheeba Chief
Nicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Nicks4x4LT's Tacoma Gallery
Sexy af
Old 11-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #11
North Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shed

North Star's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
it looks good but those wheels suck .. put on a set of 5 axis wheels and good to go ..
Nobody seriously rocks Axis wheels on the import scene these days. Too heavy. The common brands are Work, Volk/Rays, Enkei, BBS, SSR, etc. The STI version will likely come with BBS or Enkei wheels.

I love this new car from Subaru. I have an 04' STi and would love to add this little brother to the stable.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #12
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
The 2JZ (No shit! haha F&F reference) was a straight six not a v6.

That motor was bulletproof. Many people have made 700+ RWHP on stock 2JZ bottom ends.
ahhh i forget
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
I don't think this is to compete with the STI/Evo (mainly because that would eat into Subaru's sales of the WRX STI) rather it is to compete with Mazada's MX5/Miata.

There will be a STI version of the Subaru edition of the vehicle
true i didnt think about that. i guess there are a few other n/a cars that it could compete with. although i probably wouldnt get one unless it was turbocharged haha

sidenote. i do like the toyota version more. i think it is more agressive. idk maybe its just that picture or something
Old 11-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #13
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
to me it looks like a Hyundai Genesis... except without the gay

looks like it might compete with the nissan 370z, but if scion makes it, i fear it would be made too cheaply... i love the pre-drawings/photos of the juke, but the real one is dissapointing. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #14

Quote:

true i didnt think about that. i guess there are a few other n/a cars that it could compete with. although i probably wouldnt get one unless it was turbocharged haha

sidenote. i do like the toyota version more. i think it is more agressive. idk maybe its just that picture or something
I wouldn't count out the STI verison not having a turbo or even if Toyota brings out a TRD version

Quote:
Originally Posted by TightShirts View Post
to me it looks like a Hyundai Genesis... except without the gay

looks like it might compete with the nissan 370z, but if scion makes it, i fear it would be made too cheaply... i love the pre-drawings/photos of the juke, but the real one is dissapointing. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Well Subaru is making them in one of their factories in Japan, the US is the only market that is getting the Scion badged one
Old 11-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I would buy it if there was a forced induction model.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #16
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Name: Nikki
LilTuffGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Suppose to have the boxter like engine isn't it? It is an AMAZING set up!! Subaru does very well with engines.
I do think this will be my next car. Wont get it the first year they are out but the following year for sure!!!

BTW the naturally aspirated 2jz was a royal pain in the ass to work on!!! The intake manifold went right over top of everything. So even just to change the spark plugs I had to take the intake manifold off. I wasn't impressed. Not to mention parts were pricey since it's all lexus stuff.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #17
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTuffGirl View Post
Suppose to have the boxter like engine isn't it? It is an AMAZING set up!! Subaru does very well with engines.
I do think this will be my next car. Wont get it the first year they are out but the following year for sure!!!

BTW the naturally aspirated 2jz was a royal pain in the ass to work on!!! The intake manifold went right over top of everything. So even just to change the spark plugs I had to take the intake manifold off. I wasn't impressed. Not to mention parts were pricey since it's all lexus stuff.
The NA 2JZ isn't a real 2JZ anyways. 2JZGTE is the real motor...all others are just imitators.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #18
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Name: Nikki
LilTuffGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
The NA 2JZ isn't a real 2JZ anyways. 2JZGTE is the real motor...all others are just imitators.
So the IS300?
Old 11-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #19
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at this at work today.

Found an artical with some leaked pictures. The interior didn't do much for me. I'd love to see a late model Supra styled cockpit in these.

Other than the 2JZ, that just made the MKIV's, you know?

Here's the pics I found

Old 11-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTuffGirl View Post
So the IS300?
I was partially joking around by my post. However, the 2JZGE is very different than the 2JZGTE. You can't just slap a turbo on the GE and expect it to perform like a stock GTE motor.