Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Hybrid recommendation

Old 11-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
Hybrid recommendation

Hey guys,

So i never thought i would come to this decision, let alone have it cross my mind...but after alot of thought i feel its right for me to trade in the ol' Taco.
My reasons being:
1. getting 14 mpg as a college student blows and when i want to go places I don't want gas tying me down.
2. I make people who don't use trucks a trucks and now since going off to school my truck has became your regular mall crawler.
3. I can always have a truck again when i'm older, have a more stable income and it makes more sense.

The advice i'm looking for is on hybrid's. I'm in between a toyota prius, Honda insight and a Honda civic hybrid. I'm pretty st on these three but ultimatlely i want the one that would be best for traveling (what i love to do) and nicest on my pocketbook in the long run. Let me know what you guys think!

And i don't need any crap, it already saddens me enough to do this and i trust your guys opinion enough to ask so help a brotha out
Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Not againest hybrids....

Get yourself an older / used Civic or Camry (econo car) and run that until it dies. It'll save you money up front buying used and it'll just be easier to maintain and fix.

When I think of hybrids....I think of the cost to buy a NEW one would defeat the purpose of saving money on gas. Buying a used one would personally scare me - out of warrantee and I wouldn't be familiar on how to maintain it or fix it.
Not that you couldn't learn........... Just the extra headaches I'd personally want to avoid.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
VW TDI.

http://youtu.be/JXK63kvUi6U

http://youtu.be/6xYZu1wy-lM

Enough said.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
say NO to BRO!
jedrovsky is on a distinguished road
jedrovsky's Tacoma Gallery
motorcycle
Old 11-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I suggest an Elantra or Golf diesel over a hybrid.

live via
Old 11-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
my wife and daughter have turbo VWs (gas not diesel) good, safe cars, and move like a scared cat if needed.Can be had for a good price used.

Hybrids scare me too
Old 11-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JFKLives's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I can tell you my personal hybrid experience:

• Bought a 99 Tacoma TRD back in the day
  • Loved it for almost 10 years
  • Put on 125k miles
  • Tranny went out
  • Gas was $5 a gallon
  • Traded in for Camry Hybrid
  • Loved it for 2 months
  • Hated it everyday after (cept for heated seats in the winter)
  • Traded it in just over a year later at a $3k loss to get into my 10 Taco
  • Happy again ...
Just saying ... gas goes up and down, but a truck is a truck - drive what you like ...
Old 11-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdpowell View Post
move like a scared cat if needed