Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

20% or 35%

View Poll Results: What % tent should I do??
20% 37 58.73%
35% 19 30.16%
Other 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
20% or 35%

Should I get 20% tint on my front windows, which will match the back windows I'm told!

Or should I get 35% tent

Or other, if you pick other please tell me what it is an why!!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Why the hell would you put a "TENT" on your windows?

I only have "TINT" on mine and they're 35% on the front, 5% everywhere else.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
I think 35%.... it would look dumb if the front were darker than the rear i think....
Old 11-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I thought that the rear windows were 20 percent stock??
Old 11-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
everything I read on TW leads toward 20% is factory.

But installing film on the front, and the factory impregnated tint on the back will not match perfectly, at least on mine it didn't. There are many manufacturers of tint, and there is slight variation amoung them. Only way for an extremely close match is to put film on all windows.

My experience: The brand of tint my shop uses only makes 15% and 30%. He said 15% on the front would match exactly. It was like the difference between night and day INSIDE the vehicle. But from the outside it looked pretty good.
He re did it for free to 30% and it looks very close from the outside and inside. I can still tell a slight difference inside when the sun is very bright. The 30% on the front looks slightly darker inside, but it is kind of like comparing apples to oranges.

My wifes vision at night is not the greatest either, therefore If my shop offered 20 and 35, I would go for 35. For looks, and for the safety of all other drivers when my wife is driving.........lol
Old 11-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Keep in mind color some tints have a smoke color and other have like a purple color!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance

My goal is to have tint where its dark enough that you can tell facial features but you can tell the shape!! will 35 do that??
Old 11-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #8

take a look at my gallery the 99 taco had 35% on the front!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #9
TommyTaco09 is on a distinguished road

TommyTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
20% front 35% rear. My 09 Taco's tint is a little lighter in the front but I think it still looks great
Old 11-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
take a look at my gallery the 99 taco had 35% on the front!

That is 35%?? Then thats def what im going for! I got a white taco to, it looks good on yours so I hope mine turns out as good!!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
hey man, i went through your same dilema. Us being in NC. we have "strict" tint rules. tint limit is 35% but youll be allright with 25%. Should be on my 4 banger, im running 5% on the rear glass(you can have that as dark as you want on a truck and its still legal) and on the sides i have 25% tint. if i stand about 10 feet away , i can tell theres someone in my truck, but i cant really tell any facial features. Best bet is do what i have. and you should be fine. 35% wont even make a difference. it has some darkness, Custom daves tinting in Mooresville does it. they do supreme work over there. and if theres any bubbles, he will redo any portion ant no extra cost!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #12

yep! 35% is wat that is!! i know cas i put it on and when i got pulled over for it and the officer used that cool tint gauge on it lol!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #13
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
mine has 35 and it matches the rear pretty good
Old 11-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
hey man, i went through your same dilema. Us being in NC. we have "strict" tint rules. tint limit is 35% but youll be allright with 25%. on my 4 banger, im running 5% on the rear glass(you can have that as dark as you want on a truck and its still legal) and on the sides i have 25% tint. if i stand about 10 feet away , i can tell theres someone in my truck, but i cant really tell any facial features. Best bet is do what i have. and you should be fine. 35% wont even make a difference. it has some darkness, Custom daves tinting in Mooresville does it. they do supreme work over there. and if theres any bubbles, he will redo any portion ant no extra cost!

I just looked at a guy who ahd 35% and it is about what i want! check it out
Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #15
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh really, i hadnt even looked yet. cool
Old 11-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #16

thats some really good looking tint he has on there. good job TRDMAN
Old 11-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #17

Why thank you!!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #19
Carolina Alliance

I just hope my tint shope can do this good! One of my buddies is really good friends with the guy and he did an awesome job on his truck! Hopefully mine will look just as good if not better! Especially since he is cutting me a deal and a lifetime warranty! What is the average price I should expect to tint the front 2 windows at 35% ??
Old 11-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #20

well, my three windows in my reg cab cost me 80$. so im not sure. probly anywhere from 30 to 45 $