Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Jeep building a Tacoma killer?

Old 11-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Greenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Greenhatter's Tacoma Gallery
Jeep building a Tacoma killer?

I don't actually think so but it does look cool and may be the only legitimate challenger to the throne to come forward in a while. Its like a DCSB Jeep. Thoughts?

Article:
http://uncrate.com/stuff/aev-brute-d...b-jeep-pickup/
Old 11-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
First time I have seen a 4 door version of the Gladiator concept truck.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Junebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Junebug McQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
I sorta like it, a little. Meh. It's ok.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Check the "$ticker" on that bad boy....Jeep friends even admit it will never become anything more than a rich mans toy..
Old 11-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't look half bad. Still a Jeep though.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
There will be those who will want a LONG BED, still!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
I get from the article that it's not Jeep building it, it's AEV. It'll be a DIY kit like the Brute kits for the TJ.

That thing's gonna be spendy! Cool but spendy.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
There will be those who will want a LONG BED, still!

I sure hope it has Gay Trac
Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
It is still a JEEP!!!
X2 and not one of the old actual legendary Jeeps.

Still looks interesting though. Think I would still rather have a built Tacoma. Dunno, I just never feel safe in a Jeep, including the 2 I have. An 80 CJ5 and a 02 Liberty (though a Liberty is technically not a Jeep).
Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the whole reason people put up with the horrible ride/reliability of heeps is because they're awesome offroad. This monstrosity won't be much better offroad than the taco, yet will still suffer from the poor quality associated with heeps.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #13
Newman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Newman's Tacoma Gallery
AEV has been building Brutes for many years
Old 11-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Yep aftermarket conversion.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #16
qb6fire is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Josh
qb6fire's Tacoma Gallery
if only that and the H3T Hummer had kids
Old 11-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #17
Dr. Ama is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Dr. Ama's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc350 View Post
Yep aftermarket conversion.
Looks clean and functionable, which is expected from AEV. They have to do something to compete with the Burnsville Offroad HEMI conversion piece. They're starting to corner the market on their engine work...
Old 11-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #18
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Ok but its STILL A JEEP
Old 11-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #19
ColdSteelTiger has a spectacular aura aboutColdSteelTiger has a spectacular aura about
ColdSteelTiger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
Toyota would have the absolute best out there if they would do the things everyone wants them to do. Offer a 4.7L V8 or a diesel and a solid front axle.
While I think that is cool, only a minority of the population which buy a tacoma actually want that.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #20
Zimaura is on a distinguished road

Name: Nj
Zimaura's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda looks like Hummer H1 on a very strict diet.