Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Ebay seller - bad customer service skills

Old 11-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Ebay seller - bad customer service skills

Below is an email to an ebay seller asking about a skull shift knob he was selling. i asked a simple question and wanted to clarify and this dick, who claims to go out of his way for customers, gets all ass hurt when i ask a simple follow up question.

---------------------------------------------------
My last email to this guy:

It was just a simple question to clarify. If that was the cost then I would have paid once clarified. I wasn't trying to "bust your balls" over $2. I just saw that on the other auctions of yours for the same item, it ended with no bids so that’s what I was basing the price on. With that said you can see now see how valid my price question was. As you can see on your first reply you did NOT mention "buy it now" as what you based your total price quote on but you just said your Ebay store which has both auction price and buy it now price. And if you can clearly see the original question of the total price was on the Auction item. I never asked you to lower your price as you accuse. So with all due respect if always reply to potential paying customer's questions about items you sell with sarcasm and an insulting manner, I highly doubt you go out of your way for customer service as you say.

thank you.

Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:53 AM
To: Tyler
Subject: Re: You've received a question about your eBay item, Skull Gear Shift Knob Hot Rat Street Rod Made in USA 3

If you can do the math, why ask me? If I would had sent you the quote at the starting price, you bid the action and won at a higher bid, you'd expect the quoted price. So I quote a price lower than my Buy it Now price. Have you been to my BawdyPartz store to check the Buy it Now there?

So your bustin my ball over $2 because I gave you a 3rd option and you want it customized to boot.

I go out of my way for my customers and I make sure they are getting there moneys worth. I've given you 3 options in fact, 4 www.BawdyPartz.com. You can also buy from my web site and the prices are different there as well. The rest is up to you.

Thank you,
RickyDean
www.BawdyPartz.com
----- Original Message -----
To: RickyDean
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: You've received a question about your eBay item, Skull Gear Shift Knob Hot Rat Street Rod Made in USA 3

Hello RickyDean,
the price of the shiftknob is $13 + $5 shipping + $8 for the thread installed =$26 correct? isn't your price contradicting your ebay price by $2 more?

thanks
tyler.

Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 9:55 PM
To: Tyler

Hi Tyler, the insert is $8 installed and the knob is ready to go. We can send you a PayPal invoice for $28 or you can do it all at our BawdyPartz store on eBay.
Thank you,
RickyDean
www.BawdyPartz.com
----- Original Message -----
To: bonedaddy@bawdypartz.com
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 6:10 PM
Subject: You've received a question about your eBay item, Skull Gear Shift Knob Hot Rat Street Rod Made in USA 3

eBay sent this message to Ricky Dean (leather4the).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Dear leather4the,

Hello,
I'm looking to bid on this item but read about the insert threads. how much more is it for the insert threads and can you drill and install it for me so it comes shipped all ready to go? the thread size I'm looking for is 8mm x 1.25 for my 2008 tacoma automatic. how much would it cost total? I live in southern california

thanks.
tyler

- t
Answer the question

Item and user detailsItem Title:Skull Gear Shift Knob Hot Rat Street Rod Made in USA 3Item Number:270297443084Item URL:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270297443084

Another eBay member sent this email to bonedaddy@bawdypartz.com through the eBay platform. eBay takes no liability for the sending of this email or its content

Old 11-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
www.BawdyPartz.com

email:
bonedaddy@bawdypartz.com

phone:
(209) 736-4445

Mail:
RickyDean
P.O.Box 1417
Angels Camp, Ca 95222

think I will email him now..and start a custom project...
Old 01-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
If you can do the math, why ask me? If I would had sent you the quote at the starting price, you bid the action and won at a higher bid, you'd expect the quoted price. So I quote a price lower than my Buy it Now price. Have you been to my BawdyPartz store to check the Buy it Now there?

So your bustin my ball over $2 because I gave you a 3rd option and you want it customized to boot.

I go out of my way for my customers and I make sure they are getting there moneys worth. I've given you 3 options in fact, 4 www.BawdyPartz.com. You can also buy from my web site and the prices are different there as well. The rest is up to you.

Thank you,
RickyDean
www.BawdyPartz.com
wow...
Old 01-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
wow...

+1!!

You sure cant sell much speaking to your customers like that...
Old 01-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
He might just be having a crappy day. Everyone's entitled to one now and then. Be the bigger man, apologize for it turning into a pissing contest, complete the deal and leave him good feedback. You'll feel better after.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, you'll feel better after crushing his soul beneath the grimy boot of a scathing verbal assault; so relentless in its domination of his very well being that he has no choice but to commit seppuku in order maintain his honour and power trading rating.

Oh, and you get to keep his wife as a trophy of war.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Mongol General: "Conan what is best in life?"

Conan: "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamination of the women".

Mongol General "That is good".
Old 01-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #10
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Over the last six years I have sold hundreds if not over a thousand items on Ebay. The email can drive me crazy, the guy was most likely having a bad day. One time I got mail asking for a $2000.00 Sony handycam for free from some student. People complaing about the price of shipping when we charged less then it cost us. I finaly would just copy the user name and put it on the block bidder list & not even return mail. I stoped selling when they changed feedback, shipping cost & fees last summer. Not worth it.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
Samsonite...I was way off!
jmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud of

jmasterj's Tacoma Gallery
I would guess the guy was having a bad day as well. Not saying your question is out of line by any means. I've been selling on Ebay for years and I get blasted with emails daily. Most people ask to ship for free or if you would end it now with some ridiculous price.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #12
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmasterj View Post
I would guess the guy was having a bad day as well. Not saying your question is out of line by any means. I've been selling on Ebay for years and I get blasted with emails daily. Most people ask to ship for free or if you would end it now with some ridiculous price.
I told my friend if I auction a $50 bill someone would email offer $5. One buyer purchased a TEAK 1000R tape player from us then sent us directions how to pack & ship it. That's sounds fair, wrong! it was 15 paragraphs. By the end I think he wanted us to make sure our shoelaces were tied so we din't trip when moving it.