View Poll Results: Do you have toolbox?
Yes 620 35.73%
No 405 23.34%
Thinking about getting one 710 40.92%
Voters: 1735. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #21
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Gunner View Post
I got a black low profile UWS yesterday for 350 installed. Used the J-hooks to put it in with. It looks so sick on my truck. UWS is by far the best choice in tool boxes, they have outstanding craftsmanship, yeah they are a little more spendy for them but well worth it, great welds, perfect fit, and perfect coating makes for a great product.

i have a black UWS but its not the lo profile one...however...all the powdercoating has peeled off the top side of the lid...its only 3 years old...no warranty for it...im stuck with it or have to buy a new one...

looks pretty silly right now until i can cover it with something like paint or bed liner
Old 11-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #22
Tail Gunner is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Tail Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i have a black UWS but its not the lo profile one...however...all the powdercoating has peeled off the top side of the lid...its only 3 years old...no warranty for it...im stuck with it or have to buy a new one...

looks pretty silly right now until i can cover it with something like paint or bed liner
The one I got seems to have a clearcoat or something on it, maybe they are doing that now to solve this issue.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #23
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Gunner View Post
The one I got seems to have a clearcoat or something on it, maybe they are doing that now to solve this issue.
no...mine seemed to have some sort of clear coat on it too...

my truck used to sit in the sun a lot and i stand on my toolbox and throw crap on it a lot...so that may have something to do with it
Old 11-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #24
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Most paint (except white for some reason) on truck tool boxes seems to only last a few years or so. My tool box on my Dodge started to fade and flake so I used some Hurculiner on it. Looked really goo for about a week. Then it started to turn a dull grey. Now, I may take it to a shop and have it redone, or just use some Krylon on it.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #25
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I hope mine doesn't do that! So far so good. Its about 18 months old so we'll see. I suppose if it does then I'll Line-X it or something.

if the powdercoat on mine ever decides to peel off, i plan on using the herculiner as i did on my bumpers.......should hold up pretty well if prepped the right way!!

jeff........we need to scrape the rest of the powdercoat off your toolbox and go ahead and bedline it dude!!! wanna do that one weekend??
Old 11-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #27
dude
drew-z will become famous soon enough
drew-z's Tacoma Gallery
heres mine...but im replacing it at christmas because mine is shallow and i want a low profile and deeper box
Old 11-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #28
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery

Heres my toolbox...came off my 87 Toyota pickup...R.I.P.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #29
You're dumber than stupid.
garage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nice

garage_monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Man I'm diggin' the box that tacomaman has that box looks nice.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #30
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
No I don't, for the most part it would be ok but like today the back is filled with yard waste and I need all the room I have. I think they look great and have tremendous function.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #31
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Old 11-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #32
40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice

40204ever's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to 40204ever
Tacoma Toolbox

I ordered one from the dealer. It is supposed to be just the box. I probably got screwed. I just wondered if anyone has one.

I payed $510.00 plus tax
Old 11-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #33
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
that sounds like a lot for a toolbox. i got mine from tractor supply for a lot cheaper and its working out great..
Old 11-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #34
40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice

40204ever's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to 40204ever
I probably got screwed. Well see tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #35
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Hey bud don't worry you did not get screwed! I know it's hard to believe that the Toyota box is worth that much dough however if you look at what everyone else is spending for a box and consider that yours is only a couple hundred more, plus you can get parts for it at your local Toyota dealership, and it is the only box that is made to fit the bed of your truck and work with the rails they way it is designed, then you did okay. This box is made as well as any other I have seen. In fact I would say the closest one I have seen to the quality cost much more. I know everyone is going to swear by there boxes but until you check out the Toyota box feel free to hate it just know it is the only one made for your truck.

PS. Take the time to carpet the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Who has a toolbox?-11.jpg   Who has a toolbox?-box.jpg  
Old 11-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #36
Im so hungry i can ride a horse...
kmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
i dont like the tool boxes
Old 11-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #37
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I love mine, I have always had one (on about 5 trucks now plus all the trucks on the farm growing up) and it makes the truck so much more functional for me. Would not have a truck without one.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #38
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone with the Toyota box wanna do me a favor and snap a pic of the view out the rear window with the box? My main reason for wanting a UWS box is so I can get a low profile one and not lose much vision back there.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #39

I will try to take one for you tomorrow. If you want the low profile then you have better go with the UWS. The Toyota box is awesome however it sets up a ways. I don't mind it because I have been dealing with in for several years but it limits the view when backing. I use mirrors and the guessing I have enough room method.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #40

This one shows how much of the window you have to give up. Works for me because I have everything tinted pretty dark too.
Attached Thumbnails
Who has a toolbox?-2.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread