View Poll Results: Do you have toolbox?
Yes 620 35.57%
No 405 23.24%
Thinking about getting one 718 41.19%
Voters: 1743. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #482
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
$99 Lowes special. Some say they are crap, but I have had it for 2 years and the lid can easily hold 400# without bending (I use it as a seat at the drag strip).

I had that same one for a while and no complaints here! I only changed it up cause I didn't want anything sitting on the rails, so switched to a UWS chest this way I could mount a scepter can on the side of it.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #483
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gibson View Post
Sorry, wasn't trying to spam anything, just did not see any good solutions to the j-hook mounting technique on here and found these clamps on the internet. Thought I would post it on the threads that were related to help others out that were searching for a solution like I was. Sure don't want my gluteus maximus banned, so thanks for the warning. I will be content just reading others ideas and keep mine to myself. Thanks again.

Start a thread. It looked like you were from the company with your very low post count and thats the only reason I said anything. Usually when people post the same exact sentence in multiple threads dating back eons they are advertising and get the hammer.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #484
2k4Taco will become famous soon enough2k4Taco will become famous soon enough

Navy: PO2 USN
Name: Swanny
2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Heres mine, its small but functional and I dont lose much bed space and my quad still fits.
Attached Thumbnails
Who has a toolbox?-newtoolbox1.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #485
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like some side full length boxes to get full length of the bed back.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #486
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4Taco View Post
Heres mine, its small but functional and I dont lose much bed space and my quad still fits.
What brand and size is that?
Old 09-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #487
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 40$ walmart rubbermaid, and it does the job.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #488
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Another question is, which is better, the kind with a single lid that opens from the back, or the ones that have one opening from each side?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #490
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Kobalt Low Profile Compact Toolbox ($150 at Lowes)

It's got a pretty cheap locking mechanism but I can't complain much about a $150 box. Needed a slim box so I wouldn't waste too much of my short bed.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #491
Claymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura about
Claymore21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
Another question is, which is better, the kind with a single lid that opens from the back, or the ones that have one opening from each side?
I like the ones that open from the sides, if you have stuff in the back next to your tool box, you may not be able to get to the latch.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #492
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore21 View Post
I like the ones that open from the sides, if you have stuff in the back next to your tool box, you may not be able to get to the latch.
I have had both and you are right.....depending on how you use it effects what design to purchase...

My "gull wing" worked when I had just my "gear" in it BUT when I added "Mack" supplies I had to constantly move things around to get items....my open lid/flip has more room BUT I need to keep the latch /rod area "clean" or fight to get it open ..been there done that...why I now have more items boxed within the bigger box ..

Plus my new box is low profile BUT deeper than my cross lid..

Good advice on specing a "Box" to fit your "Needs"
Old 01-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #493
TacoAndrew is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
TacoAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Really happy with this box. Very sleek & subtle. Doesn't look like a contractor's truck. Was lucky enough to find it on TW. Bought it from ZonKs. Black is the way to go.

Attachment 88840

Attachment 88841

Attachment 88842

Attachment 88843
Nice! I have the exact same truck but a 2013. I was looking at getting a UWS for my birthday on the fourth of next month. It looks great
Old 01-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #495
FPS-a-holic
Fractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Fractured's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan76 View Post
UWS then had it LineXed

I like that.

Regular UWS with a automatic LED light:

Old 01-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #496
Dirty mall crawler

I now have a black kobalt like the ones above. Love it! Almost too small to fit my actual toolbox inside, but it works.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #498
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
Do anyone makes a tool box that would fit nicely under the tonneau cover and that look good! I say the KING KONG Jobbox online http://www.tractorsupply.com/tool-bo...ob-box-1840110

but I was looking for something made of metal, anyone?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #499
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiomax View Post
Do anyone makes a tool box that would fit nicely under the tonneau cover and that look good! I say the KING KONG Jobbox online http://www.tractorsupply.com/tool-bo...ob-box-1840110

but I was looking for something made of metal, anyone?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...box-chest.html
Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #500
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DblCab View Post
Thanks

Products Discussed in this Thread