View Poll Results: Do you have toolbox?
Yes 620 35.80%
No 405 23.38%
Thinking about getting one 707 40.82%
Voters: 1732. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #501
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
here's an actual picture of mine. Works good so far other than the lid being a little flimsy to open and close from the side.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #502
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
here's an actual picture of mine. Works good so far other than the lid being a little flimsy to open and close from the side.
Tune your lock catch's better. I'm 240# and can stand and sit on mine and it still opens fine. I have adjusted the lock catch twice in a couple years.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #503
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
No, latch works fine, th lid just twists a little when you go to close it and can be a little awkward. Its probably mostly the cold making the strut stiff.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #504
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
here is mine. I got mine after the bed cage, it just happened to fit under the bar perfectly.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #505
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
here is mine. I got mine after the bed cage, it just happened to fit under the bar perfectly.

Can that box rotate so the lid is on top ?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #506
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Can that box rotate so the lid is on top ?
yeah definitely
Old 03-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #507
rld is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, 92 - 2000
Name: Randy
rld's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
Here is mine, I wanted it to be out of sight and be able to fit my dirtbike. It's only there for my compresser and misc storage. It's bolted down.

Now I want a toolbox and an air compressor. Need mo money fo mo mods!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #508
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
If I did it all over again, I would probably go with a chest style toolbox that is a couple of inches lower than the bed rails. I like my toolbox and will keep it, but I don't know if I like the toolbox being on the bed rails more than the stock look.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #509
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Adam
undecided's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a uws 42" for my dclb. It fits perfectly between the wheel wells. For around $300. I found a husky 42" chest box for $250 at Home Depot when I went to go buy some mounting hardware. I would have liked to get the Husky because it was a bit more durable.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #510
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my setup:

I don't typically have my cans and hi-lift on there, but I made mounts for both.

When they're not on there, the box sits just below the bed rails, so you can't quite tell it's there.

I keep a tent, with my 72hr kit in it, as well as an emergency 6 pack and box-o-wine.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #511
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Adam
undecided's Tacoma Gallery
I like the fuel can placement. What did you use for mounts?
Old 04-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #512
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, they are just mounts I found on ebay.

They work pretty well with rubber bunjees to secure the cans.

I drilled holes in the box and used metal plates on the inside of the box to anchor the bolts. They are mounted securely.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #513
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Don't have one, yet. I want one, but I also need to keep my camper shell on the truck to hide my scrap metal from my evil neighbor who likes to call the city on me, so I can't get one right now. Unless they make any that don't sit on the sides of the bed?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #514
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Don't have one, yet. I want one, but I also need to keep my camper shell on the truck to hide my scrap metal from my evil neighbor who likes to call the city on me, so I can't get one right now. Unless they make any that don't sit on the sides of the bed?
The one I have would work. I've been debating getting a topper as well. Mine sits in the bed- just about flush with the top of the bed, with room for gas cans on the side. You'd even be able to carry fuel and a topper with one sized like mine.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #516
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a low pro black one. I love it but I hate it haha

I like it because if I didn't have one I'd have nowhere to store my tools and other various automotive stuff.

I hate it just because it take up bed space...

Old 04-23-2013, 04:01 AM   #517
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
That a Kobalt? Seems like everyone likes the black kobalts the best right?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:14 AM   #519
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
That a Kobalt? Seems like everyone likes the black kobalts the best right?
No, my brand is called BetterBuilt. I would have gotten a Kobalt, but the only ones I could find were the skinny ones. I like the deeper ones.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:29 AM   #520
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Who has a toolbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
No, my brand is called BetterBuilt. I would have gotten a Kobalt, but the only ones I could find were the skinny ones. I like the deeper ones.
Better built makes the kobalt boxes. Mine is a kobalt/better built. Just has the kobalt tag on it!

Products Discussed in this Thread