Who has a toolbox?

View Poll Results: Do you have toolbox?
Yes 620 35.80%
No 405 23.38%
Thinking about getting one 707 40.82%
Voters: 1732. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #521
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Ah gotcha. Yeah I want a slim so I can still throw the motorcycle on the truck. Slim width but good depth is what I beed
Old 04-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #522
L33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant future
Marines:
Name: Jason
L33T35T Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gibson View Post
Check out this hardware for mounting tool box to our rail system.
http://www.dawsbetterbuilt.com/index...d=422&parent=1

Thanks for posting this! This looks like a great solution for holding down those beds
Old 06-05-2013, 03:45 AM   #523
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future

Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
Here is mine. BetterBuilt

TracRac still slides along the sides too. Its not the bed rail mounted TracRac though.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #524
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Finally installed my new box. I love the slim width but I wish it went higher so it met with my back window. I guess that would mean a non low-profile one?

I worry about theft so I drilled into my bed rails and put carriage bolts going up into the tool box with nylon threaded nuts.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #525
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, a non-LP would be better for yours..
Old 06-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #526

If only I noticed before I ordered. Oh well it still gets the job done so I can't complain. And it looks better than the plastic one I had on previously.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #527
Pearcem87 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
Pearcem87's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a betterbuilt, low profile, slimline. Looks great, and has a lot more room than it looks like. I had an interesting conversation when I bought it from a truck specialty store that does a lot of tool boxes (largest portion of their annual sales according to them). The person who owns the store said that UWS got bought not too long ago. It apparently used to be a family owned business, now someone else runs the show. Since then, according to the store owner, their quality and customer service have gone down noticeably, and after years of having UWS as their primary brand, they no longer recommend them for the price they come at. I don't know if there is any truth to that, it might just be a sales ploy, but it might be worth looking into, especially if you use your toolbox for work. Either way, my new toolbox is excellent quality, and I would highly recommend checking into betterbuilt!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #529
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
^^i like that box lock. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #530
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
UWS chest for me.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #531
J Gibson is on a distinguished road

Navy: Hospital Corpsman, 4th MarDiv
Name: J
J Gibson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleART View Post
Installed a UWS box today.
TBSD-63A-LP-BLK

Dee Zee tie-downs.

And a Bolt latch retrofit kit. Very cool. I can use my ignition key for the box.

Attachment 221247

Attachment 221248

Attachment 221249
I have been looking at the Bolt latch. Did you install it yourself? Was your original latch riveted in? Did you drill it out? How did the new one attach?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #532
uncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Arty
uncleART's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gibson View Post
I have been looking at the Bolt latch. Did you install it yourself? Was your original latch riveted in? Did you drill it out? How did the new one attach?
The Bolt latch was really easy to install. You drill out the old rivets with a 3/16" drill and reinstall the new one with include rivets. The instructions that came with it are well done. It's a very nice design.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #533
A Bad Ass Member
Jared will become famous soon enough

Name: Jared
Jared's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleART View Post
The Bolt latch was really easy to install. You drill out the old rivets with a 3/16" drill and reinstall the new one with include rivets. The instructions that came with it are well done. It's a very nice design.
Where did you find this kit? I'd like to install one in my taco also. How did you get the key to match up with it too?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #534
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Where did you find this kit? I'd like to install one in my taco also. How did you get the key to match up with it too?
x2

Found it myself after a little googlin..

http://www.boltlock.com/shop/part-7023549

Is it just me..I thought all tacoma keys were cut the same..but the chips programming is obviously what causes only one to work..so..could anyone with a tacoma key open your toolbox? lol
Old 07-04-2013, 06:03 AM   #536
J Gibson is on a distinguished road

Navy: Hospital Corpsman, 4th MarDiv
Name: J
J Gibson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
x2

Found it myself after a little googlin..

http://www.boltlock.com/shop/part-7023549

Is it just me..I thought all tacoma keys were cut the same..but the chips programming is obviously what causes only one to work..so..could anyone with a tacoma key open your toolbox? lol
It's just you :-). Everyone with a Tacoma can open each orher's truck door too!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #537
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Location: south Florida - not from here though, I can count AND spell
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine off Craigslist for $100 back when I had the '06 and just swapped it over.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #538
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Black Lo Pro from Tractor Supply on the Ranger I totaled, but it won't fit the Tacoma. Gonna sale it and get a UWS Black Lo Pro. Once you get used to the extra storage it's hard to go without it.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #539
AZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ Sun Lover is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AZ Sun Lover's Tacoma Gallery
FYI,
I bought a new TRADESMAN Tool Box and it shipped direct from; http://www.tradesmantruck.com/catalog/steel/

What ever you do don't buy a tool box from this company direct.

Tradesman has the worst customer service I have ever seen!

I ordered a Steel Cross Gull Wing Bed Box in black. The 1st time they packed it in a single layer of cardboard. It look like someone beat it with a hammer. So I shipped it back on Tradesman's dime. A mo. later they shipped a 2nd one the same way and it wasn't as bad. After about an hour on the phone with the seller & Tradesman I got a $100.00 off the price. I was tired of waiting so I took the POS as is. My father is a auto body man. We spent about 3 hours working out the dents, re-welding the crack welds. So I had to have it re-powder coated too. The lids still looked like crap in black. After taking a DA (sanding) to the lids the powder coater said you might want to powder coat them in white, as white will cover the dents better. The powder coater said if I did like the white he would powder coat them in black for free. What the hell why not? It took a day or two but I kind of like it now. What's your .02 cents?

AZ
Attached Thumbnails
Who has a toolbox?-102_4855.jpg  
Old 09-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #540
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery

Toolbox ? Or cooler

Products Discussed in this Thread