Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

New Grand Cherokee thoughts?

Old 11-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
New Grand Cherokee thoughts?

I've been thinking on trading in my Tacoma the last few months. I really don't need a truck anymore and its just not that practical for what I use it for. I want a SUV, 4x4 ect not sure what way to go and what I can afford. I love the FJ but after a test drive, my wife would never drive it. I was checking out the new Grand Cherokee the other day, they look decent and better MPG than what I have now. I know it's not a Tacoma and Im just not feeling the new 4 runner.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
It's just me but, you could'nt run me down and give a Chrysler product of any sort, GM either. You ask, and that's my opinion.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
While I think they look really cool...

I would NEVER purchase a Chrysler vehicle. They are the biggest piles of garbage on the road.

My girlfriend has a Jeep Compass and I'm trying to get her out of that thing ASAP. She bought it before we were together.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think it is great looking.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't even look that cool actually, just looks like a bloated SUV, with a pretty ugly front end, and boring back end. I don't think it's worth it, but you said you're not feeling the 4Runner, so I'm not sure what alternatives you really have. lol
Old 11-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I like the way they look, they are nicely equipped for the price. I think their competition would be the Murano, Q5, Explorer. My first vehicle was a dakota and that thing was a pos so I am hesitant about going back to Chrysler, but I think Ford has turned their reputation around a bit. If I had more money I would get a Diesel Toureg.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I think you're correct on the Ford thing, I've driven quite a few new/newer vehicles, (wife works at a Ford dealership) and seem to stepped up there game. With that being said, there is a Toyota Tacoma, and Honda Accord in my driveway.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
do not do it
Old 11-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Like everyone else said, DON"T DO IT. Crapsler has bad reliability records

Look at a Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, Toyota 4runner, Toyota Highlander. Maybe the Nissan Murano too.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #10
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
new explorer got good reviews i think.. murano isnt a bad looking car either. pilots r solid as well. idk if i would go with a jeep unless it was a wrangler
Old 11-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
new explorer got good reviews i think.. murano isnt a bad looking car either. pilots r solid as well. idk if i would go with a jeep unless it was a wrangler
They always get good reviews at first...then they start falling apart at 60k miles.

Look at long term reliability ratings. All cars are nice when they're brand new. It's how they hold up 4-5 years and many miles down the road that counts.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
They look good. Nice interior also. Black cloud hangs over that manufacturer
Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #14

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with all points....not in any hurry to dump the Tacoma, I'm just trying to get an idea of what fits my needs for the price.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #15
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
I was under the impression you wanted it for off-roading. I guess not, right?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #16
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Jeep JK FTW
Old 11-10-2011, 05:11 AM   #17

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
No off roading, my truck has been in 4 wheel drive once I think. I just need something that can drive in teh snow every now and then and maybe more of a drt path. I really wanted the FJ, but I just dont think its practical for a daily driver and my wife would never drive it.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #18
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
My wife owned a 2002 Grand Cherokee limited. That jeep was so comfortable it wasnt even funny. Leather, Moonroof, infinity system completely loaded. Very nice... but then.

Issues I had.

Brakes/Rotors wore out every 10 to 15 k....had a brake caliper fail..
Suspension squeeked 10 times worse than a taco leaf pack.
The rear window latch faled.
the left passenger window broke.
tie rod needed replacement.

at 42 k we had enough.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:38 AM   #19
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
SRT8 FTMFW!

Other than that, Chrysler sucks. Only other manufacturer I would look at right now would be Ford, and that would be for a Mustang or a Super Duty diesel
Old 11-10-2011, 05:50 AM   #20
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
If I had more money I would get a Diesel Toureg.
Now you're talkin'!