Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

0w-20 motor oil

Old 11-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
0w-20 motor oil

Where can I buy 0w-20 oil? Just went and had my wife's oil changed at the Honda dealer since it takes this and can't find it anywhere. I usually do my own oil changes and they charge $50 for it. Of course their price for the oil isn't much cheaper than the cost of the change so buying from them is pointless. Also they recommend synthetic blend and not full synthetic, not sure why. But it seems easier to find the full sythetic. If I can't find it cheap enough I guess I'll just keep taking it to Honda, I hate changing oil in cars anyway, too hard to get under them.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I use to buy it for my Camry at Walmart ( Mobil 1) look their

Around $25 for synthetic I believe
Old 11-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've never seen 0w-20 at Wally World. But not sure I should run full synthetic anyway, based on what Honda says.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Walmart by my house stocks it But I have yet to try the 0-20 I go with the 5-20
Old 11-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #6

Her Accord takes 0w-20 synthetic blend, any idea why they suggest not going full synthetic? They said because the oil is so thin they wouldn't go full syn. WTF? I thought the thinner the oil the more likely you want to go full syn.?
Old 11-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I'd think you'll be ok with full syn
Old 11-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
What year is the Honda . Ramps are nice to have .
Old 11-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #9

2011 I have jack stands and a floor jack. It's not that big of a deal, just if I'm only gonna spend $10 more or so than the cost of the oil then maybe I'll just let them do it. They have done it twice now and done a good job, more than I can say for my "free" service from Toyota.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Then Sounds best if the dealer does it .I dO my full syn oil changes myself even though I have toyotas free oilchange plan
Old 11-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #11
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Her Accord takes 0w-20 synthetic blend, any idea why they suggest not going full synthetic? They said because the oil is so thin they wouldn't go full syn. WTF? I thought the thinner the oil the more likely you want to go full syn.?
im running 0w20 Mobil 1 full synthetic in my truck. from walmart.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:52 AM   #12
Balien is on a distinguished road

Balien's Tacoma Gallery
suprisingly toyota dealership only charges about $6 per litre of 0w20 full synthetic.