Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Hyundai Elantra is Junk

Old 11-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
Hyundai Elantra is Junk

Long story short our corolla is in the body shop because some D-bag does not know how to drive so I rented a car, A Hyundai Elantra.

The car is such a POS! It is the most uncomfortable and rough riding I have ever driven. To each their own but I do not know why anyone in their right mind would buy an Elantra.

With that in mind my mother in-law just bought one…
Old 11-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
What year? Also rentals are beat to crap so the shocks could be blown. I had a 2010 as a rental and it was fine for how much you pay.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
it is a 2011 with 15,000 miles I know it's a rental but that does not change the seat.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Eh. I would drive one as a gas sipper. A co worker picked one up and he loves it. He gets about 35mpg.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
i've never driven one, but i like the styling of the newer models. Just because it's easy on gas doesn't mean it has to look like it (eg. camry, civic, etc.). Props to Hyundai for breaking out of the box
Old 11-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
good gas milage but not my cup of tea. the genesis coupe however...
Old 11-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
good gas milage but not my cup of tea. the genesis coupe however...
Old 11-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #8
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hyundai's and Kia's are pieces of shit. But they get great gas mileage and are very cheap. Plus they come with a 10/100 powertrain warranty for the first owner, which is pretty good if you ask me. Would I own one, never. But if I had to own one cause I was short on cash and needed to save some dough, why not?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
drwoodr is on a distinguished road
drwoodr's Tacoma Gallery
I think Hyundai is giving Toyota some real competition these days. My daughter got a 2011 Elantra last January, and absolutely loves it. I've driven it, and it is nice for a small car, and the dash is gorgeous. I've owned a Hyundai Santa Fe for 5 years, and it is an absolute gem. Smooth ride, and so far very reliable. I had a 2004 Toyota Rav4, now that was a pos, that car cost me a fortune in repairs. We traded that in for the Elantra. I hope my 2012 Tacoma DCSB is more reliable. I seriously was considering a Hyundai Sonata before I decided I really needed to get a new truck.