box movement

Old 11-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
box movement

Look at the tundra .... wow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0
Old 11-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Holy Crap!!!!

How would a Tacoma do in this test, I wonder. Looks like the Ford really kicked ass at that particular test.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
i about s*** when i saw that... I wonder how a taco would do. Sombody make there own test and let us see it hahaha
Old 11-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
wow! Tundra's bed looks like its about to rattle right off the truck! Too bad i dont like Ford......
Old 11-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i believe this test was done by ford if that has any bearing.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you time the bumps it seems the Ford was in fact run at a slower speed. That Tundra was CRAZY!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen this before. It really made me want to buy a F150

I think Ford designed a test that their truck would excel at then promoted it. I mean, who really drives in those conditions at that speed? What a load of crap. Up next: the rear view mirror mounting bolt tensile test.

I also saw a test (from Ford I think) where they suspended the truck from the bed tie-down eyes. Again, how useful is that? Not very. As long as they're strong enough to hold the maximum load in the bed (which is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy less than the weight of the truck) then there's no advantage.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
one other thing that can make a huge difference in the ride like that is the placement of the bars-vs-wheelbase I have seen where you run extra cab over a suspension test and its horrible then run the same truck in reg cab for and double cab and they perform flawlessly... just the timing of it makes a huge difference IMHO
Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #9
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
It does appear that the test track was close the suspension's resonant frequency for the Tundra as compared to the other vehicles. That would give the test some bias towards the other vehicles, and if you slowed down or speed up the shaking would likely be dramaticly subdued. But it is still very interesting to see how they all reacted.

On a side note, I recently had an accident in my Tacoma, so it has been in the shop. I got an '09 F-150 and have been nothing but impressed by it. The V8 gets remarkable more torque than the Taco and gets nearly the same MPG as the V6 Tacoma. Now, part of this is due to the Tacoma being a 4WD truck and the F-150 being 2WD.

I do think the F-150 is a fantastic truck, both in the cab and under the hood. I am glad I bought the Tacoma as far as an investment (I know it will last me 200k miles plus, and at the end of 3 years it will be worth around 40% of retail where as the F-150 is lucky to get 25% retail at that point).