Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Bumper law

Old 11-16-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper law

Was trying to research vehicle regulations for Wisconsin and saw this on the DOT FAQ site -

Quote:
I am replacing my rear bumper. What rules must I follow?

Cars must have a rear bumper attached the same way it came from the manufacturer. Pickup trucks do need a rear bumper.
Can anyone clarify if this means I have to have a factory bumper or does it just mean the aftermarket bumper must be mounted the same way as a factory one?

Additionally, I was planning on bobbing the bed... would this be an problem regarding this regulation?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
They way it reads it seems to me like it says that it just needs to be mounted the same way the OEM bumper is mounted.

Why, are you having trouble w/ PD for your o/r bumper?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
No not yet anyway. I'm moving somewhat temporarily from Wyoming to Wisconsin soon and I'm trying to make any necessary changes and trying to figure out what I can and can't do.