Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

The ultimate off-road vehicle

Old 11-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
Tarik will become famous soon enough

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
The ultimate off-road vehicle

Recently while 4-wheeling in the woods, I ran in to a Canadian military convoy that was training in the woods. They were driving a Navistar 6x6 truck that was just awesome.
So I researched the company a little and downloaded one of their brochures.
One of their coolest products is this MaxxPro Dash DXM.
Imagine how awesome if would be to have one of these....not that I could ever afford one, ever, but they don't sell to the general public.
Very cool regardless.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
semperfatal is on a distinguished road
Marines: EOD
semperfatal's Tacoma Gallery
The max pro's suck ass. Their suspension is horrible. They have been slowly getting rid of them because of how bad the ride is. Plus they are too top heavy to do any "real" off roading.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #3

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
No shit..I had no idea. They look incredible but eh...
Old 11-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfatal View Post
The max pro's suck ass. Their suspension is horrible. They have been slowly getting rid of them because of how bad the ride is. Plus they are too top heavy to do any "real" off roading.
Arn't they the best fight against IED's now?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
All those moments will be lost in time
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
Name: Guy
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfatal View Post
^^^ Exactly. Take this POS or an RG33 off-road and you'll have a rollover real quick. Now Strykers on the other hand, put 'em in 8x8 and you can pretty much go anywhere.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Arn't they the best fight against IED's now?
IEDs, yes. EFPs, no. There's no protection against that. Besides, they're all placed along well traveled routes, improved and unimproved, not really off-road.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
lamericle is on a distinguished road

Army: Jump master, Pathfinder, Master Breacher, EMT
Name: keagan
lamericle's Tacoma Gallery
Had one of those in the mud, it sucked. Took it on a slight side hill, almost rolled. Hit a small pot hole at 15 MPH and my head hit the roof. Worst MRAP on the market. Give me a RG-31 or the trusty old Cougar and I'm happy
Old 11-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVY View Post
IEDs, yes. EFPs, no. There's no protection against that. Besides, they're all placed along well traveled routes, improved and unimproved, not really off-road.
I drove one at Schofield army base once. Drove like shit. But if the zombies/enemy was coming, i'd rather be in that .

OP

85 4runner is the ultimate off roader
Old 11-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #9

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
And here I thought these things were as badass as they look.
Actually I had a '87 4Runner. Nothing stopped it. Well, except a deer on the freeway at 70mph...
Old 11-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
And here I thought these things were as badass as they look.
Actually I had a '87 4Runner. Nothing stopped it. Well, except a deer on the freeway at 70mph...
Yeah but the 87's had ISF you gotta get something a little more stable to be "Ultimate"
Old 11-16-2011, 10:49 PM   #11

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
True, the IFS was good enough for my needs though.
To be honest, really I would be pretty happy with a Unimog. I just saw this one this past weekend and it was in perfect shape. Sounded great too.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #12
rhewins13 is on a distinguished road
Army: SPC, 2 Brigade,82nd Abn Div, 1-73 CAV FST
Name: Richard
rhewins13's Tacoma Gallery
Im in Iraq right now working on Maxxpros and Rg33s and they suck terribly. They cant get out of their own way on any sort of incline, and the Rg has to spool up its turbo before it will even move. Plus the fact that they are so problematic. They are garbage IMO.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #13

GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhewins13 View Post
Im in Iraq right now working on Maxxpros and Rg33s and they suck terribly. They cant get out of their own way on any sort of incline, and the Rg has to spool up its turbo before it will even move. Plus the fact that they are so problematic. They are garbage IMO.
Word. Where you at now?
Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #14
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
You should see these. Used to work on them. They're pretty kick ass. Straight pipe from a cat c6

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...Kosh_M-ATV.jpg
Old 11-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #15
my money to mod ratio is out of wack
crispytaco is just really nicecrispytaco is just really nicecrispytaco is just really nicecrispytaco is just really nice

Army: 21c Bridge Crewmember  74th eng co(mrbc), 62nd eng bn, 36th eng bd
crispytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to crispytaco
im in iraq now, and we have the caiman. worst thing i have ever been in you drive around a corner more than 10mph and you can flip.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #16

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
You guys should be getting the best equipment money can buy. Not the kind of crap it sounds like you're having to use.
Good luck, thanks and be safe.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:43 AM   #17
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
You guys should be getting the best equipment money can buy. Not the kind of crap it sounds like you're having to use.
Good luck, thanks and be safe.
That's the problem with armor companies that sell vehicles to the government. A lot of them were in such a hurry to win contracts and get paid that they made what on paper probably looked really great but didn't field test it enough and they ended up being crap. Sad the way it works.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:03 AM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
These get my vote for the Ultimate Off Road Machine, Tatra 8x8. Damn things will go anywhere.

http://youtu.be/xoG2Inl5PEg
Old 11-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #20
enjoying the shenanigans
Gunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Conner
Gunshot-6A's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmecTaco79 View Post
You should see these. Used to work on them. They're pretty kick ass. Straight pipe from a cat c6

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...Kosh_M-ATV.jpg
Hey, Im working for JLG which makes the M-ATV for oshkosh this summer as an intern. What was you all opinion on the M-ATV if any of you used them / been around them? I just wanna get a feel so I can do a better job this summer.