Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Toyota's Saved By Zero commercial

Old 11-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
Toyota's Saved By Zero commercial

I just came across this article from our local paper about Toyota's latest Saved By Zero commercial. It seems like it's annoying the hell out of alot of people...

Tired of the "Saved by Zero" ad campaign for Toyota?

Even the '80s new wave band The Fixx doesn't care for it. And their song stars in the spot.

"It's a bit cheesy," the Fixx's Cy Curnin told the Las Vegas Sun when asked about the tune's use to promote 0 percent financing.

It's more than a bit annoying, say many others. And they're saying it in droves—on social networks like Facebook and on blogs like Buzzfeed.com, which pronounced, "That 'Saved by Zero' Toyota commercial is driving everyone crazy."

As of Thursday night, the "Stop Playing Toyota's 'Saved by Zero' Commercial" group on Facebook boasted 5,141 members. The group's description states, in part: [N]ever before has a commercial this bad been aired so much."

The overkill may come from the fact the campaign has run both in national and local TV spots (usually car advertisers use different national and local campaigns).

Toyota Motor Sales executives said the campaign has increased showroom traffic.

"It's a very catchy tune that sticks in people's heads," said Cindy Knight, marketing communications manager for Toyota. "We're staying aware of the criticism but it hasn't changed our plans."

While the campaign isn't going away yet, you may see less of it. Toyota's national rotation of the ad stopped Nov. 9.

Here's the actual article... http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...,6487295.story
Old 11-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
It came on twice in a row the other day. thought i was gonna die... then hit mute
Old 11-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
haven't seen it until now, it is kinda dumb tho
Old 11-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
it seems to be louder than every other commercial also
Old 11-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
YES! i HATE that commercial. get it off my tv!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
-Doomsday Squad-"game over man"
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

RaginCajun's Tacoma Gallery
saved by zero!!! saved by zero!!! saved by zero!!!! ThEy play that allllll the time here!!! can't stand it!!!!!!

I want more Cool Tacoma commercials!!! I haven't seen a new one in a while!!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #8
"The Fuzz"
shook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really nice

Name: Joe
shook0002's Tacoma Gallery
I can't stand it. Drives me nuts. Its on tv, radio every commercial break.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #9
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
YES! i HATE that commercial. get it off my tv!
LMAO....I was afraid to post this cuz I thought I was the only one it bothered. Glad to see I'm not alone. Luckily, most of the shows I watch are on my DVR so I just fast forward thru the commercials.