Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Should I trade 04 GSXR 750 for 96 Mustang GT

Old 11-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
c.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cameron
c.coulby's Tacoma Gallery
Should I trade 04 GSXR 750 for 96 Mustang GT

Here is my bike,

http://www.mautofied.com/2004-Suzuki...ing/100355637/

Here is the car I'm thinking of trading my bike for,

http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100432927.htm

I have a buddy that knows alot about mustangs and he says i could get more money for the mustang with a little work than my bike. And its about to me cold outside and I wont be able to ride anyways.

Also, Im wanting a GSXR 1000 and I figure this could be my winter project come spring time sell it or trade it for money towards a 1000.

Let me know what y'all think.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
c.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to behold

???
Old 11-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
what are the KBB values on the bike and the car?
Old 11-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #4

Not sure but the car would definitely be more valuable.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.coulby View Post
Here is my bike,

http://www.mautofied.com/2004-Suzuki...ing/100355637/

Here is the car I'm thinking of trading my bike for,

http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100432927.htm

I have a buddy that knows alot about mustangs and he says i could get more money for the mustang with a little work than my bike. And its about to me cold outside and I wont be able to ride anyways.

Also, Im wanting a GSXR 1000 and I figure this could be my winter project come spring time sell it or trade it for money towards a 1000.

Let me know what y'all think.

Thanks in advance.
keep the 750. take it to the track and learn how to ride it. It is just as fast as a 1000 at the track if you know how to ride it.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #6

oh i know how to ride it i just want more power... ive ran a 7 flat in an 1/8 and a 10.8 in a 1/4. buddy of mine has a stretched 06 gsxr 1000 and im in love with it. mustang is just gonna be a money maker bc truth be known i couldn't sell my bike for more than $3500. mustang would be a different story.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Tarik will become famous soon enough

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
Trade sounds good, just not for a Mustang <yak barf>.
Nice bike (I'd keep it).
Old 12-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #8
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
Trade sounds good, just not for a Mustang <yak barf>.
Nice bike (I'd keep it).

+1. Maybe new shocks or forks for the bike?
Old 12-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #10
dtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Danny
dtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't. I have an F4i and I've been driving a 98 Mustang on and off for the last couple months when I needed better gas mileage than the truck gets me.

You're only 21, learn to ride the bike before you kill yourself on it or upgrade to a 1000. Just because you can do a 1/8 mile in 7 secs, doesn't mean you can actually ride it. I can do 90 in third gear, but that doesn't mean I want to run around at 15k rpms all day. I also know I can't ride my 600 to the fullest extent of what it's capable of, so I doubt you can ride that 750 nearly as good as it could be ridden.

Get some track time in, upgrade your suspension, and truly learn to ride that bike and you'll never think about trading it in for a 1000 or a sports car.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #11
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't the 96GT the last 5.0L Ford made? I'd go for the Mustang, possibilities of aftermarket are endless.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Trade it, sell the stang, get the litre bike if thats what you want to do. I am not sure why everyone is telling you to keep that bike and go get pro at the track, I didnt get the feeling that is what you want to do. If you want to have a bike just to have one, get the 1000, just dont be stupid while riding it. The car does seem like it is going to get you much more money than that bike, will you be getting a newer gen GSXR? I hope so since they look so much better than the gen you have, no offense.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #13
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the bike.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #14

well guys the bike is gone and i went and bought an 07 gsxr 1000 and im never looking back. such a big difference. words just cant describe how much better all around it is.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #15
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Did you trade it for the pony?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well guys the bike is gone and i went and bought an 07 gsxr 1000 and im never looking back. such a big difference. words just cant describe how much better all around it is.

Good looking bike man, ride safe.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Did you trade it for the pony?
no decided to just sell the bike and buy a 1000
Old 12-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #18
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Good call.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #19

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no decided to just sell the bike and buy a 1000
Whats the details on the purchase? Price, condition miles?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
Good looking bike man, ride safe.
thanks man. i was sitting at a redlight yesterday and let me remind you it was RED! then out of no where a dude on a gsxr 600 or 750 come flying by me and almost got taken out by a damn car turning from the other road. it was almost real bad. he past me doing like 60 or so in the same lane. i dont know how he didnt see me.