Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Does anyone else get nervous when spouse drives your Truck?

Old 11-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Derp, Derp Derp
hats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sonia
hats009's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone else get nervous when spouse drives your Truck?

My spouse makes me feel like I am way over protective of my Tacoma - calling it a 'work truck' and disrespecting it's value. I have a lot of trouble handing the keys over in this case.
I have a feeling like no one but the owner treats the truck as it deserves to be treated.
Does anyone else get uneasy about letting their spouse drive their truck?
Old 11-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hats009 View Post
My spouse makes me feel like I am way over protective of my Tacoma - calling it a 'work truck' and disrespecting it's value. I have a lot of trouble handing the keys over in this case.
I have a feeling like no one but the owner treats the truck as it deserves to be treated.
Does anyone else get uneasy about letting their spouse drive their truck?
Don't let them!! I've only let friends drive it when I'm launching my boat, and the furthest they go is 100 yards. Gf got to drive it to take it in for a service and then also when we road-tripped...wasn't comfortable with it though.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
All the time. That's why she don't drive the yota.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
The spouse using the Tacoma is okay by me, but when one of our kids want to use it , chills run up and down my back.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
I love when she drives my truck. It means I had a good time drinking beer at my friends house.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Meh, it's only a truck.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #9
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
the wife doesn't want to drive the truck.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #10
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (krt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
Mine can't drive a stick. Whew!
X2
Old 11-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #11
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
I got that problem under control. My wife can't drive stick
haha ditto. I got the stick because I wanted to learn, and it also prevents many people from being able to drive it.
I am however running out of excuses to say, when my GF asks if i can teach her....
Old 11-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Whenever i go anywhere with people i always drive. I dont trust other people driving. I think its a control issue...

And women dont drive my truck. Anytime i did something bad happend..
Old 11-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #14
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
haha ditto. I got the stick because I wanted to learn, and it also prevents many people from being able to drive it.
I am however running out of excuses to say, when my GF asks if i can teach her....
Enjoy your truck while you have it then.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #15
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Meh, her name is on the title and insurance so I don't really care, I mean she is paying for it too.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #16
trd_eric is on a distinguished road
trd_eric's Tacoma Gallery
haha yours drives your truck? i dont worry because i drive my truck
Old 11-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #17
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Got a 900 mile trip coming up this weekend, and the gf has said that she'd be driving..

I flat out fell over laughing... she was standing over me with her arms crossed and a snide look on her face, saying "what's so funny??"

I dunno what I'll do... we're taking the Taco, but i don't know if I'm gonna let her drive or not... I DID just put in a couple AC power outlets in the center console, so if I do let her drive, i guess I can curl up in the back seat and watch some movies or something
Old 11-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #18
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
I am legitimately not comfortable with someone moving my truck in the driveway. I just don't trust other people. If it's not theirs, they won't respect the vehicle.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #19
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd_eric View Post
haha yours drives your truck? i dont worry because i drive my truck
Old 11-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #20
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
I don't have an excuse with my wife for it. I tried to teach her before and she got the hang of it. Just not enough for me to want to let her drive it on the road. She stop asking after I bought her this...

Little does she know Having the 4runner benefits me too.