Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Sport bike or Porsche?

Old 11-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Sport bike or Porsche?

I have been thinking about getting myself a new toy seeing as my truck is all paid for. I had been pondering another sport bike just for fun. I then started thinking that maybe another sports car would be more fun, and practical so that I could take my wife, and my dog along, which would be out on the bike. I found a really nice used 2006 CBR600RR at a local dealership for $6000 all in, which I could just walk in and buy right now, but then I also found a beautiful Porsche 968 locally for $15,000. The bike would be fun, and I could do all the maintanence on it no problem. The car is quite a bit more, but is a very rare car, and I've always wanted one. I could do most of the maintanence, but parts are VERY expensive. Decisions, decisions. What do you think?
Old 11-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Porsche!!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Porsche. This is why:

live via
Old 11-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like you want the car more
Old 11-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Get a bike, learned from firsthand experience that most sportscar owners are dbags
Old 11-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I do want the car more, just worried about the potential cost of parts/ maintenance. My two previous Porsches were great cars, and very reliable, BUt when things needed to be replaced, it was crazy expensive! Brakes were like 4 times the $ of our trucks, and it just goes up from there.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If the Porsche will cost too much to maintain then get a different sports car.

live via
Old 11-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
s2studio is on a distinguished road

s2studio's Tacoma Gallery
Does sound like the Porsche is the better choice for you, but a big drawback is the cost of maintenance...I think another "sportscar" could be a good option, that, or make friends with a Porsche technician asap

But me personally, I also think its whichever one you will get the most "bang for your buck" out of. I am biased, but I own a sport bike and track it. On the track, its awesome. And I also know that tracking a 4 wheels would be more expensive for me...thus I would take the bike. But on public roads, I think I'd have more fun in a car...maybe

Its a win-win situation if you think about it...
Old 11-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #12
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Personally I'd rather a car than a bike. Then again I've never ridden a bike so perhaps I can't give a valid opinion. Although I've never been a huge fan of the 968. I'm in the same boat as you to an extent though. My truck is paid off I've toyed with the idea of getting a secondary fun car.
If I were to get a Porsche it would be a 1996-ish 911 turbo, however I know that will NEVER be remotely in my price range lol. But that's my fav Porsche.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Get a bike, learned from firsthand experience that most sportscar owners are dbags
Yeah OP, don't become a Dbag.

Get the Porsche.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Yeah OP, don't become a Dbag.
Lol.

live via
Old 11-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
haha
Let Sharon know that she is a douchebag since she drives a Camaro SS.

live via
Old 11-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #18
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
Back in the mid 90's, I was a bouncer for a local strip club. I remember one night some dbag came to the club in one of those trying to act like a big baller. He asked one of the dancers if she wanted to see his new Porsche. When she walked outside, she looked at it and immediately said "Oh, that's the poor man's Porsche". I've never looked at that car the same since.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU View Post
Back in the mid 90's, I was a bouncer for a local strip club. I remember one night some dbag came to the club in one of those trying to act like a big baller. He asked one of the dancers if she wanted to see his new Porsche. When she walked outside, she looked at it and immediately said "Oh, that's the poor man's Porsche". I've never looked at that car the same since.
Ah the 914. I would rock one. They make great road race cars. Also I am poor.

live via
Old 11-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #20
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU View Post
Because strippers have so much good breeding right?