LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Stupid Chevy Colorado Recall

Old 11-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid Chevy Colorado Recall

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/11...mc-canyon.html

There are two ways of looking at this:

1. GM quality is poor, that recalls are still happening in a model's last year of production.

2. A "feature" is disabled so the owners don't have to mod it themselves.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
There is a lot of recalls in all brands of vehicles including Toyota. I do agree though abought the quality of that brand.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
their cars with beds. endofstory
Old 11-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
scotttacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: scott
scotttacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Chevy

I owned a 99 Chevy Sonoma. 210,000 miles.
I drove that B^#%ch like I stole it. Many things had to be replaced over the years, but the motor was still strong when I traded it for my T.Tacoma.
It was my baby, so I can't talk bad about them. I hope my T. Tacoma does as well
Old 12-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
It had the 4.3 Vortec, right? Reputed to be a reliable motor. Did you have the 5-speed? The automatic had some known issues.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
Pearcem87 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
Pearcem87's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really see this as an indicator of GM's quality. There may be plenty of other things to point to GM making unreliable vehicles, but if you use recall numbers as a main indicator over the past few years, Toyota has had way more, and not too many people are jumping on the "Toyota makes crappy cars" bandwagon. In 2011, Toyota recalled more than 2.5 million US cars, putting them at number #2, while GM only recalled 500,000. And just like in the article, a lot of the recalls are for small, BS stuff.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
How about this Colorado "recall"?

http://coloradofans.com/forums/78-en...placement.html

I had an 06 that it happened to..4 banger, the 4 and the 5 had the same issue. Still fighting with GM over a year later about it, between one dealer claiming ignorance of it and then refusing to fix it even after certifying it for replacement, then another charging me 2 grand for all the other things it broke and telling me GM would reimburse it..
Old 12-03-2013, 02:36 AM   #10
anotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud of
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
First and foremost i dont think GM will ever recover from the quality issues of the past. Even reading through the 5th gen camaro forums there are quality and mechanical issues , if you dont look at the model year in the posts you would think you were reading about 3rd or 4th gens. I only use the camaro as an example because people acted like it was the car that was going to save GM.

It is refreshing to see GM stepping up and issuing a recall for something. (A certain mid size truck with rust issues comes to mind )
Old 12-03-2013, 03:35 AM   #11
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
First and foremost i dont think GM will ever recover from the quality issues of the past. Even reading through the 5th gen camaro forums there are quality and mechanical issues , if you dont look at the model year in the posts you would think you were reading about 3rd or 4th gens. I only use the camaro as an example because people acted like it was the car that was going to save GM.

It is refreshing to see GM stepping up and issuing a recall for something. (A certain mid size truck with rust issues comes to mind )
Haha we just have to get good at oiling our frames so they don't rust out! But hey my seatbelt has never been a issue... And what's a little frame rust going to do.... Oh wait....
Old 01-08-2014, 02:15 AM   #12
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
No one caught this comment? Just down from the top of where the comments start....

Bob is too busy on Tacoma World to reply to this.

Posted by: Tom | Nov 23, 2011 3:41:49 PM