Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Chevy Colorado with stock 5.3l V8

Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #21
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
meh...
Dakota's also come with v8's...
to each his own though
Old 11-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #22
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
deal with it

Old 11-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #23
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
are the new colorado's still torsion bar suspension?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Even if that is the case that a new Taco is $30K, i would rather pay the extra 5k and get a moon roof, and V8, nav and all the other goodies Toyota doesn't offer.
Well go buy it. From my experience they are crap. A friend's dad had one. Everything rattled from day one when he picked it up new. Not sure what other problems he had but he was more than happy to get rid of it. I almost bought one myself but they are just shitty trucks. V8 and moonroof you say?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #25
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Some are some arent. My gf's 2wd is coil spring my buddys 4wd is torsion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
meh...
Dakota's also come with v8's...
to each his own though
I loved my dakota... if it was 4wd I would still have it... and had to rebuild allot of stuff lol.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #26
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
Some are some arent. My gf's 2wd is coil spring my buddys 4wd is torsion
ah. Looks like they're stuck in the '80's.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #27
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't know, i would have to do a allot more research before i would even consider the move to a different truck. It just really irks me how far behind the curve toyota is falling. I just my Taco to where i like it, but with the lift it just killed the power on it. The real problem lies in the fact that i cannot drive my hotrod in the winter, so have to compensate for lack of hp. Need for speed man.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #28
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ah. Looks like they're stuck in the '80's.
I don't know much about torsion bars but my buddy has them on his ram.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #29
braaap

Quote:
I don't know, i would have to do a allot more research before i would even consider the move to a different truck. It just really irks me how far behind the curve toyota is falling. I just my Taco to where i like it, but with the lift it just killed the power on it. The real problem lies in the fact that i cannot drive my hotrod in the winter, so have to compensate for lack of hp. Need for speed man.
You should replace the hot rod with an AWD hot rod
Old 11-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #30
braaap

Quote:
I don't know much about torsion bars but my buddy has them on his ram.
Yeah Toyota used them on the pick-ups up till '95. Nissan went away from them a few years later.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #31
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You should replace the hot rod with an AWD hot rod
What did you have in mind?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #32
Street glide or die

Quote:
What did you have in mind?
cough cough EVO!!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #33

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cough cough EVO!!!!
Na, i'm 41, that car is for the younger gen.
Had the Audi S4 before, but it was in the shop all the time.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #34
Street glide or die

Quote:
Na, i'm 41, that car is for the younger gen.
Had the Audi S4 before, but it was in the shop all the time.
lol 41 is old? You don't need to be hot roddin then sir If your considering swapping the yota for the colorado look into it a good bit (I know you will) it seems smaller on the inside. I don't know the measurements but I would like to see a side by side comparison I am pretty sure the tacoma dwarfs it...
Old 11-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #35

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
This is the AWD i would be interested in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKO5dRWYXA4
Old 11-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #37
braaap

Quote:
This is the AWD i would be interested in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKO5dRWYXA4
oh yeah, that's a classy hot rod right there.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #38

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh yeah, that's a classy hot rod right there.
Yeah, but i need to sell about 10,000 4x4 switches to get it!!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #40
braaap

Quote:
Yeah, but i need to sell about 10,000 4x4 switches to get it!!
lol, yeah might take a while.