Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Chevy Colorado with stock 5.3l V8

Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #41
rhewins13 is on a distinguished road
Army: SPC, 2 Brigade,82nd Abn Div, 1-73 CAV FST
Name: Richard
rhewins13's Tacoma Gallery
I think the tacoma should come with the V8 option. The 4.7 would sound amazing in a taco with dual flowmasters.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #42
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
meh...
Dakota's also come with v8's...
to each his own though
That 4.7L is a good engine. Been around for donkeys ages and still kicks ass.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #43
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Id be all for that who's going to Japan to convince the execs?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #44
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
That 4.7L is a good engine. Been around for donkeys ages and still kicks ass.
The 5.2 and 5.9 were good as well.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #45
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
a buddy of mine has the 5.3 in his colorado, its a beast. he just put 4:10 gears in it.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #46
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
The 5.2 and 5.9 were good as well.
Little big. The 4.7 gets the same mileage as my truck does.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #47
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'll take the 6.4 thanks.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #49
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Little big. The 4.7 gets the same mileage as my truck does.
Yeah the 4.7 is a good motor. I'm just biased to the 5.2 cause I had one.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #50
Street glide or die

Quote:
Fuck. While we're wishing I'll take the new 6.7 Cummins please and thank-you.
I'll take the old 5.9 rollin coal in a tacoma would be badass!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #51
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Fuck. While we're wishing I'll take the new 6.7 Cummins please and thank-you.
Quote:
I'll take the old 5.9 rollin coal in a tacoma would be badass!

I'll take the quad turbo 8.0 W16.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #52
Street glide or die

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

I'll take the quad turbo 8.0 W16.
What the hell is that in
Old 11-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #53
Banned
Quote:
What the hell is that in
Veyron.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #54
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What the hell is that in
A very ugly and even faster car
Old 11-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #55
Street glide or die

Ok that buggatti... what the hell is a w16? 2 v8's side by side? I'm about to google this bish!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #56
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok that buggatti... what the hell is a w16? 2 v8's side by side? I'm about to google this bish!
yup
Old 11-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #57
Street glide or die

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
yup
I'm so epically confused.... guess I will have to look some shit up lol.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:34 AM   #58
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
This is the AWD i would be interested in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKO5dRWYXA4
Yes please!!! You still wouldn't want to drive that around in the winter here...

Quote:
Id be all for that who's going to Japan to convince the execs?
When do we leave?
Old 11-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #59
Spitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Spitz Stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Even if that is the case that a new Taco is $30K, i would rather pay the extra 5k and get a moon roof, and V8, nav and all the other goodies Toyota doesn't offer.
Quote:
I don't know, i would have to do a allot more research before i would even consider the move to a different truck. It just really irks me how far behind the curve toyota is falling. I just my Taco to where i like it, but with the lift it just killed the power on it. The real problem lies in the fact that i cannot drive my hotrod in the winter, so have to compensate for lack of hp. Need for speed man.
Number 1 answer to why there is no V8 = No Demand. Remember the V8 4Runners that they couldn't give away? If this was something the midsize truck market wanted Chevy would be selling every one they could build and we all know that is not the case with the Colorado.

If you do go for a Colorado be sure to spring for the reserved seating in the dealer service waiting room and the lube you will need when it is time to trade it in - and if you like fully loaded models...get extra lube!

What really irks me is this curve that people keep arguing Toyota is falling behind. They rule 40%+ of the midsize market - and this will only get larger once the Ranger/Dakota are gone. The Tacoma is not falling behind the curve...the Tacoma is the benchmark!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:31 AM   #60
Resident Jackass

What are you on? I see v8 runners everywhere. People loved those for families cause you could load up the wife and 1.5 kids and hook the trailer up and still fuck off like a boss without struggling. The 4bangers they couldn't give away...
Second veyron engine? Hook that puppy up bumper to bumper to the 6.7 and I'll still pull your ass around the parking lot while getting 20mpg.