Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Chevy Colorado with stock 5.3l V8

Old 12-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #121
<<<<>>>>
btuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
btuner's Tacoma Gallery
It's funny, because everyone I know that doesn't have a tacoma and has some other truck either wants a tacoma or wishes they had bought a tacoma.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:46 AM   #122
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Thats no true, i just priced an 2011 extended cab for 35k. The 1500 is well into the $40's
I priced a silverado double cab the same time as my tacoma and it was 2k$ more than what I paid for my tacoma. If you're paying 40k$ for the 1500 you're a sucker.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #123
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery

This:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/09-BM..._263952wt_1182

This is more my speed.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #124
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I would rock one of those. I think the Sierra looks better than the Silverado. As I said before I almost picked up a Silverado but I'm glad I didn't.

So badass:

I already raced one of those and I could only see him in my rearview....thanks to the LS1.
The colorado is crap, drove one (5cyl), it handled horrible (yeah its a truck) but my Tacoma handles very well (for what it is) and has power to the ground with an aluminum V8.

IMO I should send Toyota my truck and say "Hey guys, make these!!!"

Theres nothing like starting your truck and people are looking around for a muscle car, lol, when its just me in my little taco.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #125
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
I already raced one of those and I could only see him in my rearview....thanks to the LS1.
The colorado is crap, drove one (5cyl), it handled horrible (yeah its a truck) but my Tacoma handles very well (for what it is) and has power to the ground with an aluminum V8.

IMO I should send Toyota my truck and say "Hey guys, make these!!!"

Theres nothing like starting your truck and people are looking around for a muscle car, lol, when its just me in my little taco.
Well if you raced a stock one then I would hope you beat it. I would still take a Syclone.

live via
Old 12-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #126
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Here is an actual Colordao V8 video. It looks to be slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cciar...feature=g-vrec
Old 12-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #127
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Here is an actual Colordao V8 video. It looks to be slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cciar...feature=g-vrec
Sounds good....but that's about it. Why does a V8 need a tach that goes to 8k rpms anyway?
Old 12-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #128
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Why does a V8 need a tach that goes to 8k rpms anyway?
To try and make it BAMF?

live via
Old 12-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #129
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Colorado before my Taco and it was a tank in the winter.. I could go anywhere and not get stuck and hardly spun a tire with 4wd. I think the Tacos are alot better quality overall though.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #130
shampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud of
shampoop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Sounds good....but that's about it. Why does a V8 need a tach that goes to 8k rpms anyway?
ls1's redline at 7k
Old 12-05-2011, 11:53 PM   #131
shampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud of
shampoop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
I don't want a chevy POS product anywhere near my Tacoma. Give me the 5.7 from the Tundra or don't do it at all. Tacoma leads the way because of quality. If it takes them 7 years to redesign a vehicle so they can have quality i don't care. Just keep putting out quality instead of crap like the big 3.
Sounds like you know nothing about chevy v8's.

Forget the fact that they're just awesome in general, a chevy 5.7 is much more compact than a toyota 5.7 and fit in smaller engine bays much easier.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #132
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shampoop View Post
Sounds like you know nothing about chevy v8's.

Forget the fact that they're just awesome in general, a chevy 5.7 is much more compact than a toyota 5.7 and fit in smaller engine bays much easier.
I'd bet he knows nothing about the Tundra's V8 either, other than the fact that it's made by Toyota.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #133
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
I'd bet he knows nothing about the Tundra's V8 either, other than the fact that it's made by Toyota.
Too many fanboys.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #134
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Whats with the insanely tall gearing in those Chevys? Both the 3.5L I5 and the 5.3L V8 on those transmissions go to 80+ mph in 2nd gear. Nothing wrong with the engines, it's those transmissions that are sucking the fun from the party!

Well, it isn't the tallest transmission gearing I've seen from Chevy. I rode in an Impala that would redline 1st gear at 63 mph with the 3.5L V6. Literally, my 109hp Honda Fit could eat that car alive from a standstill.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #135
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by btuner View Post
It's funny, because everyone I know that doesn't have a tacoma and has some other truck either wants a tacoma or wishes they had bought a tacoma.
Point exactly... I'll be trading in my colorado for a Tacoma in the next couple years. Lol